Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2021 8:08:16 AM EDT
List of gun control bills which passed in 2021.

A-613A/S-14A, Criminalizes the sale of ghost guns and requires gunsmiths to register and serialize firearms, rifles, shotguns, and unfinished frames or receivers they assemble.

A-2111
/S-5952, Provides taxpayer gifts for gun violence research; requires the tax commission to include space on the personal income tax return to enable a taxpayer to make such contribution; establishes the gun violence research fund.

A-2666A
/S13A, Enacts the "Scott J. Beigel unfinished receiver act"; relates to unfinished frames or receivers; establishes the crimes of criminal sale of an unfinished frame or receiver in the first and second degrees as class D and E felonies, respectively.

A-6198B
/S-5000B, Prohibits the sale, purchase, or transfer of firearms to anyone known to have an outstanding warrant for a felony or serious offense.

A-6522
/S-7152, Amends the definition of a "disguised gun" to include a weapon or device capable of being concealed on a person from which a shot can be discharged through the energy of an explosive which is designed and intended to appear to be a toy gun.

A-6762B
/S-7196, Relates to the dangers to the safety and health of the public caused by the sale, manufacturing, importing and marketing of firearms and whether such activity constitutes a public nuisance.

A-7243
/S-1251, Requires the Division of Criminal Justice Services to publish quarterly reports beginning October 1, 2021, providing information related to firearms, rifles and shotguns used in the commission of crimes in the state of New York.

A-7302
/S-2981, Creates a firearm violence research institute and a firearm violence research fund.

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
after il duce signs this crap.  Start calling every steel dealer in for unfinished receivers A-2666A/S13A,
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for this summary.  
So does that mean that 7246, the mandatory safety training bill didn't make it?  

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
double tap

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Overall could have been worse. We are in a total communist crap here. The "ghost gun" one is the worst of the bunch, but it looks like it does not criminalize changing uppers or barrels or parts. It's only going to get worse from here.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Overall could have been worse. We are in a total communist crap here. The "ghost gun" one is the worst of the bunch, but it looks like it does not criminalize changing uppers or barrels or parts. It's only going to get worse from here.
View Quote

The communists know how to eat an elephant
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Several bills including mandatory training, microstamping and lead ammo ban ran out of gas this session.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Several bills including mandatory training, microstamping and lead ammo ban ran out of gas this session.
View Quote

Thank God for that! For now anyway.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#8]
"UNFINISHED FRAME OR RECEIVER" MEANS ANY MATERIAL  THAT  DOES  NOT
CONSTITUTE THE FRAME OR RECEIVER OF A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN BUT THAT
HAS  BEEN  SHAPED  OR  FORMED IN ANY WAY FOR THE PURPOSE OF BECOMING THE
FRAME OR RECEIVER OF A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN, AND WHICH MAY  READILY
BE MADE INTO A FUNCTIONAL FRAME OR RECEIVER THROUGH MILLING, DRILLING OR
OTHER  MEANS.  THE TERM SHALL NOT INCLUDE MATERIAL THAT HAS HAD ITS SIZE
OR EXTERNAL SHAPE ALTERED TO FACILITATE TRANSPORTATION OR STORAGE OR HAS
HAD ITS CHEMICAL COMPOSITION ALTERED."

I have trouble with leaglize.  So if someone buys an unfinished receiver it is only illegal while it is in the unfinished state.  Finish it and that person is good to go??
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate to inform you Russia is freer that NY is...

A guy posted a while back in the ar15 discussion form about ar15 in Russia.. I think the only thing right now that NY has Russia beat in is allowing of real pistols besides that Russia is freer
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Ever notice how every law targeting white men is a felony?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I hate to inform you Russia is freer that NY is...

A guy posted a while back in the ar15 discussion form about ar15 in Russia.. I think the only thing right now that NY has Russia beat in is allowing of real pistols besides that Russia is freer
View Quote

Not exactly true. In order to possess a gun in Russia, one has to go through an extensive licensing process. After that, he is allowed to purchase a shotgun. After 5 years of having a shotgun license, one is allowed to apply for a rifle license.

Pistols are highly regulated and one can only store them in a shooting range's safe, not even at home.

Also, after the last school shooting the govt there is going to ban "assault weapons". Don't know what arms are going to get designated as such, but it will happen.

That being said, F all the gun grabbers. Whether in NY or in Russia.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Meanwhile, juveniles redefined and parole eased
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#13]
nevermind
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"UNFINISHED FRAME OR RECEIVER" MEANS ANY MATERIAL  THAT  DOES  NOT
CONSTITUTE THE FRAME OR RECEIVER OF A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN BUT THAT
HAS  BEEN  SHAPED  OR  FORMED IN ANY WAY FOR THE PURPOSE OF BECOMING THE
FRAME OR RECEIVER OF A FIREARM, RIFLE OR SHOTGUN, AND WHICH MAY  READILY
BE MADE INTO A FUNCTIONAL FRAME OR RECEIVER THROUGH MILLING, DRILLING OR
OTHER  MEANS.  THE TERM SHALL NOT INCLUDE MATERIAL THAT HAS HAD ITS SIZE
OR EXTERNAL SHAPE ALTERED TO FACILITATE TRANSPORTATION OR STORAGE OR HAS
HAD ITS CHEMICAL COMPOSITION ALTERED."

I have trouble with leaglize.  So if someone buys an unfinished receiver it is only illegal while it is in the unfinished state.  Finish it and that person is good to go??
View Quote

Pretty sure somewhere else in that bill or in the other ghost gun bill it says it can only be finished by a gunsmith....and they have to serialize it and register It. Not sure what register means.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

How did they redefine "juveniles"? Went up to 25? I would not be surprised at anything anymore.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How did they redefine "juveniles"? Went up to 25? I would not be surprised at anything anymore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't DC push it 21 around 10 years ago?

With the ever increasing number of restrictions on those under 21, maybe it is time to repeal the 26th Amendment and raise the age of majority for everything to 21 since they are treating everyone under 21 as a juvenile with more and more restrictions. You are already prohibited from buying a handgun from an FFL and in some states, getting CCW (lawsuit in one state is pending). You cannot legally drink. Many states have imposed 21 as the age to buy cigarettes. Rental car companies will generally not rent to anyone under 21. Add serving in the military, getting married and entering into contracts, on top of voting, and you can pretty much make kids out of everyone up to age 21.

Maybe they will start pushing "Senior Citizen" status to 70+ along with eligibility for SS and Medicare. Everything else is changing.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#17]
So everything is unconstitutional ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#18]
So much SAFE, so much Freedom Comrades!

I still feel for you guys up there...we just finally passed Constitutional Carry, and there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth from the left, but it got done...

Still maintaining my Texas LTC because of skip the background check, and reciprocity with a ton of states...

But as someone said, with the shitshow you have for government, I am surprised it wasn't worse, but Crwdplzr spoke truth, they will just keep adding a few more every year...so as not to foment insurrection all at once.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw an article yesterday on this subject:

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/ny-raises-age-to-arrest-juveniles-to-12-eases-penalties-for-non-violent-parole-penalties/3101688/

Basically for any crime other than homicide committed by a "juvenile" under 12, there will be no arrest or prosecution. Gangs would be smart to start recruiting kids as young as possible now and using them to carry out their work. Looks like robberies and burglaries are free-pass crimes now as long as no one is killed.

You just have to love this state
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top