Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2021 8:04:40 AM EDT
I remember seeing a list of FFL's that would help with private transfers but can't seem to find it here, on VA Gun Trader, VCDL, internet search.

Anyone have a link?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#1]
OST.  Also interested, in Nova area.  Need to sell some things I inherited from my FIL.

And man, what a sad state of affairs we are in now.  No direct private sales, many LGSes OOB, and those remaining have jacked their fees.  I miss the days of Quantico Tactical charging $15 + $5 for each additional in the same transaction.  I just checked Herndon Arms (aka, the sad little basement) and they now want $45 + VSP fee.  To top that off, their site now states "As of today, we are no longer doing in person transfers."

The only value that place ever had was transfers, but I won't darken their door again.  Guess I'll need to find another place to buy a PMAG for $25.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Most places I've been to charge outrageous prices of $40+ for private party transfers in NOVA.

One exception, outdoor arms in Burke - $17. He's a home FFL that works by appointment.

https://outdoorarms.com/services-%26-price-list
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Sonnys in Richmond is great home ffl and charges $25 + $2
Loudoun guns Leesburg site says $50 + $2
Sterling Arsenal is over $100
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

edited: ignore i was wrong.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 2:37:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Al Dobias in Chantilly. He's a kitchen table FFL and charges $15 for private party transfers.

Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The pawn shop in Front Royal is excellent and charges under $20 for a private transfer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 3:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
it is on the State Police website

https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Firearms.shtm

https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/pdf/Firearms/DealerslistforPrivateSales.xlsx
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I use Larry Lewis of Proud Veteran Guns & Ammo.  He's a table top FFL and charges $20 for the first firearm and $5 for each after (I tend to buy in bulk).

[email protected]

Nice older guy.

ETA:  This is NOtVA, PWC area.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#11]
In Albemarle county Classic American Gunsmith is hard to beat at $15 per transfer.

I’ve heard mixed reviews of his other services, but that beats anyone else I know of in the area for transfers
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In Albemarle county Classic American Gunsmith is hard to beat at $15 per transfer.

I’ve heard mixed reviews of his other services, but that beats anyone else I know of in the area for transfers
View Quote

is he the guy that is right next door to RRPC?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#13]
That’s him.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That’s him.
View Quote

nice guy,  I've sold him a few things over the years
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Most places I've been to charge outrageous prices of $40+ for private party transfers in NOVA.

One exception, outdoor arms in Burke - $17. He's a home FFL that works by appointment.

https://outdoorarms.com/services-%26-price-list
View Quote

Nice.  And I like his policy of having both parties there and getting it done right then, but I wonder what happens if the buyer gets delayed.  Or eventually rejected.

If he lived closer, I'd reach out and ask, but he's about 45 minutes south of me...and if selling things on Craigslist and ArmsList have taught me anything, it's that buyers show up when they show up, if at all.  That's one reason I setup meets no further than ten minutes from my place.  I need to find one in the Reston/Sterling/Herndon area.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Al Dobias in Chantilly. He's a kitchen table FFL and charges $15 for private party transfers.

View Quote

His VAGT post: https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1705633/Al_Dobias_

From googling, looks like his place is a bit west of Rt 28, off Rt 50...so closer, but still 30 minutes away for me.

FFL searches in Reston and Herndon primarily reveal dozens of oddly named companies in corporate office parks that almost certainly are not serving the general public.  Sterling has some actual names of folks, so if I find more info about any of them, I'll post it here.

Link Posted: 7/10/2021 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nice.  And I like his policy of having both parties there and getting it done right then, but I wonder what happens if the buyer gets delayed.  Or eventually rejected.

If he lived closer, I'd reach out and ask, but he's about 45 minutes south of me...and if selling things on Craigslist and ArmsList have taught me anything, it's that buyers show up when they show up, if at all.  That's one reason I setup meets no further than ten minutes from my place.  I need to find one in the Reston/Sterling/Herndon area.
View Quote

he does it the right way,   like recommended by the state police,

a delay is a delay,  that is up to the buyer to work out (as far as waiting or coming back later)  

ditto a denial,   then the firearm will revert back to you if you agree (and refund) or the denial guy/gal can sell to the FFL,.   either way, it's ain't leaving until it is papered to someone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top