Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2018 10:28:04 PM EDT
So Ace has this liberty big boy safe on sale for 999 plus tax of course, but free shipping to store. Getting it from the store to my house isnt a problem.
Question is, are they worth a crap, or should I hold off and spend a few hundred more on something else? It appears to be a good value, 36 gun safe for a grand.
So 1055 for a 36 gun safe..... What does the HTF say?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I absolutely love my Liberty safe.  It's an ever loving bitch to move, but has 60 or 90 min fire protection and a bunch of other security features.  There's a safe place for liberty over on 92nd Ave and Olive.  Check with them on the stats, and I'd see if they can't match it or beat the price.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I like my Liberty safe.  I have not had any problems with it.  Your deal sounds like a good one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Wood grab....
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
ALWAYS check with Jessie at safe city in mesa B4 you buy . Jessie is the man when it comes to safe's. Jesse will treat you like family
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 5:55:17 PM EDT
[#5]
100% agree with GONIF.  Jesse is the man.  Delivered in an unmarked truck too!
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have sent a few people to Safe City when they are looking for a Fort Knox; however they do not sell Liberty last I checked. While Fort Knox makes a hell of a safe, you will pay around 30% more over a Liberty mostly for the customization.

I'm on my second Liberty safe and I would absolutely do it again. The guys over at 1-800-4A-Gunsafe in Chandler are awesome to deal with and have 0% financing for up to 18 months.

Go bigger than you think you need and you won't be sorry. The Fatboy 64 is a big beautiful beast that has the same internal amenities of the more expensive Franklin, just saying.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If you can get a mechanical lock.  The electronic WILL go out on you someday and you will pay a locksmith $500. + to get in it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you can get a mechanical lock.  The electronic WILL go out on you someday and you will pay a locksmith $500. + to get in it.
View Quote
If it don't say ( S&G ) Sargent and Greenleaf and its not mechanical you will wish it was sooner or later.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#9]
They are a bit thin but seem like a good value. 

Mechanical locks fail too.  They are fragile.  If you are worried about it, get a safe with two doors and have one of each type lock installed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it don't say ( S&G ) Sargent and Greenleaf and its not mechanical you will wish it was sooner or later.
View Quote
I have had a electronic lock on my AmSec safe for almost 10 years. I open and close it at least 2'xs per day. It works just fine for me. I have heard the stories about it going out too but so far I am satisfied.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top