Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 12:11:04 AM EDT
Confederate plaque removed from West Virginia courthouse.

Confederate-plaque-removed-from-West-Virginia-courthouse  (Fixed)

They're coming to re-write history. I guess any families with ties to the Confederacy should be ashamed of the sacrifice and service.

DC creep
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Confederate plaque removed from West Virginia courthouse.

Confederate-plaque-removed-from-West-Virginia-courthouse  (Fixed)

They're coming to re-write history. I guess any families with ties to the Confederacy should be ashamed of the sacrifice and service.

DC creep
View Quote
Asinine idiot liberals!  The eastern panhandle is the north end of the Shenandoah valley and steeped with history from the Civil War.   Just more PC feel good liberal bullsh!t!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 8:03:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Time to redraw some state boundary lines again. NOVA, DC, EP and MD need to create their own liberal cesspool state of filth and leave the rest of WV and southern VA to the conservative majority.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
That marker went all the way back to the 1980s....  And Jefferson County has always been little Loudon.   Now you can leave Berkeley County alone we tend to vote red, even the Few D's we have are more conservative than all the R's in DC.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I just brought it up because we are wanting to move back. Time to eject from Calirado. It is lost. I live in the reddest county in the state but all 6,000 of us are no match for the 3 million on the front range.

Last time through Martinsburg I could see DC money starting to infiltrate. Hell, I could see it creeping into Pendleton County, hobby farms and such.

That tiny plaque was just soooo offensive. My GG grandfather fought for the Union with a company of West Virginia infantry. I hold no ill will towards towards a remembrance the Confederate soldiers as they fought with bravery and honor. It's crazy to think that my Great Grandfather, who I remember, was a son of a Civil War veteran.

Time to raise the defenses again and run the commies out.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I have to admit the last time I was through there was '82. It looks a much much  better now than I remember it. My housemate at WVU was from Onego. We hunted a lot of that country while in school.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top