Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2021 11:03:53 PM EDT
Can someone please tell me how many tables the show has at the Horse Park? How is parking? I'm only an hour away. Is it wort the trip?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I was there when they first doing them years ago.  They had two different side rooms with venders.  At least 50% was holsters, cowboys, jerky, tasers...etc.  There were smaller time sellers, so a bit more variety than the same old new production main brands.  It was bad enough that I have not been back.  It might have changed for the better though over the years.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there about 1.5 years ago.   It was not bad for a little show.  Much better than anything in eastern KY.   Let me know if you go.   I just saw it and thought about going myself.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you all.
I went but will not go again. First it was $5 to park. I knew about the parking.
Next I paid to get in. The website said $10. I downloaded the $2 off  coupon. I show the guy my coupon and give him $10. I'm standing there waiting for my change when I finally ask him where my  change is. He points to a little sign saying $12. I'm annoyed but it was too late.
Inside was well lit with  enough room between the isles.
If you're looking for an AR15, that's the place. You could get an AR for $550 easy.
Turkish shotguns were all over, but prices were more than the local shops were asking.
There were plenty of handguns but only things like the Rock Islands and Taurus g series were affordable.
There were a few deals buy nothing spectacular. All I picked up was a Soumi coffin mag for $40.
The show was not near as good when they had them at the Heritage center.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
snip...
The show was not near as good when they had them at the Heritage center.
View Quote

So you are saying the show was much better at the Horse Park?
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
No. The Heritage center shows were much better. More tables, a good mix of new and used. The show after Thanksgiving was always good.
The abomination they have in Richmond now is terrible. Maybe 125 tables compared to over 300 at the Heritage center.
You would think it would not be that hard finding someplace to have a decent size show.
A lot of the smaller shows have stopped.
Paris, Mt. Stirling, the ones at national guard centers.
At least we are lucky in Kentucky to have so many large dealers to help keep prices down.

The 127 yard sale is coming up. Sometimes there are deals to be found. Mt. Stirling, Preston court days are coming in October. There are always deals there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top