Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/26767/20201218_173237-1737411.jpg

And this is what defiance looks like at night. Business as usual, masks optional.

@jaymack looks like we're in on the couples dinner tomorrow night. See ya there?
View Quote

@Jeep29 - absolutely yes.  PM sent.

I figure Traveler's Lantern is perfect to finish out the trifecta since eating at Bean's and having a bourbon coffee at Brewed two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a list working up showing whom is conducting business as normal? I would love to be able to show and help support other like minded folks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 2:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent! Resistance starts in small areas and expands as Courage is Contagious!
Nicely done.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Whew that one is too far for me but I did go to Beans last week and if I get anywhere near Lexington I'll go to that coffee place. Keep em coming!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Figured I'd post this here since the owner is 1 of 4 that filed the petition for lil Andy's impeachment.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/01/11/kentucky-house-creating-committee-to-consider-impeaching-gov-beshear/
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Figured I'd post this here since the owner is 1 of 4 that filed the petition for lil Andy's impeachment.

https://www.wkyt.com/2021/01/11/kentucky-house-creating-committee-to-consider-impeaching-gov-beshear/
View Quote

love it
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

love it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

love it

It sounds like the house leadership is lukewarm to it after reading that article.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It sounds like the house leadership is lukewarm to it after reading that article.
View Quote

I agree. Forming a committee so they can talk about it until the session is over. Nobody is responsible for non-action.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I agree. Forming a committee so they can talk about it until the session is over. Nobody is responsible for non-action.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have low expectations. But I still love the idea Kentucky Republicans are even willing to do that rather than disregard the idea, given how the current national trend among Republican leadership is to distance itself from conflict
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Politicians are lazy and mostly engage in self-preservation.  Are any state legislators at risk for losing their seats if they don't impeach?  Nope.  So that process is a lot of work that will piss off the opposition more than it will motivate their base.  Then they get to deal with the media smearing them since they are Republicans.  Even if they did impeach Beshear another Democrat takes over.  So what did they really accomplish?  If we had a recall election option, that would get them interested.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Politicians are lazy and mostly engage in self-preservation.  Are any state legislators at risk for losing their seats if they don't impeach?  Nope.  So that process is a lot of work that will piss off the opposition more than it will motivate their base.  Then they get to deal with the media smearing them since they are Republicans.  Even if they did impeach Beshear another Democrat takes over.  So what did they really accomplish?  If we had a recall election option, that would get them interested.
View Quote

That's the reason we don't have one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

There were 15.  That's not going to happen now since the individual petition has been filed.
ETA- not "at risk"... but willing to lose their seat.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top