Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2021 4:46:49 PM EDT
Not an inclusive list.....

Every one knows about the Ichetucknee Springs and the Tubing...

I was blown away by the Ravines in Palatka - that place was awesome...

Federal park - Kingsley Plantation was pretty good as well.

What do you recomend?

Red
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Julington Durbin Creek Preserve is pretty nice right now. A little wet, but most places are with all the rain we’ve been getting. Also a +1 for Guana River WMA.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Suwannee River State Park ~

St Augustine ~ Fort

Fort Jefferson ~ Dry Tortuga's  

Cape Canaveral ~ Merritt Island - NASA
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Took the Jeep to the trails in Blackwater State Park this weekend.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked Silver Springs (Be wary of the herpes infected monkeys), Myakka. ,Lovers Key, Honeymoon Island, Sanibel, Casperson Beach, Pennekamp and many more. I guess it all depends on what you want to do.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Florida Caverns and Torreya SP Are both very unique
I agree with Ravine, as well.
De Leon Springs for the pancakes.
Constitution Convention SP for the namesake
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Wakulla Springs is nice.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Riverbend Park - Jupiter
Jonathan Dickinson State Park - Hobe Sound
John D. MacArthur Beach State Park - North Palm Beach
Loxahatchee River Battlefield Park - Jupiter
Blowing Rocks Preserve - Hobe Sound
Grassy Waters Nature Preserve - West Palm Beach
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#8]
You can rent kayaks/canoes even a pontoon boat at the Salt Springs marina and do the 4.5 mi spring run to Lake George. Silver river will be beautiful in another month when the trees start to leaf. The canoe run down Juniper spring run is a must do. Princess Place preserve is a nice peaceful day trip. Not a SP but the museum at Camp Blanding is very good. Weeki Wachee river is very nice DURING THE WEEK.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#10]
You can always find a RV spot when the snowbirds are cloggin up the state in the winter at this little gem on the Peace River. https://desotobocc.com/?/department/parks_recreation/brownville-park-and-boat-ramp Cheap sites too!

It's just a hop, skip and a jump from the areas premier biker bar for shits and giggles, The Limestone Country Club. A must see!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:13:17 AM EDT
[#11]
John Pennekamp

Fort Clinch

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can always find a RV spot when the snowbirds are cloggin up the state in the winter at this little gem on the Peace River. https://desotobocc.com/?/department/parks_recreation/brownville-park-and-boat-ramp Cheap sites too!

It's just a hop, skip and a jump from the areas premier biker bar for shits and giggles, The Limestone Country Club. A must see!
View Quote

Thanks will check this out for a rv trip
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, didn't know about this place but will try it out for a long weekend sometime when we just want to get away.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agreed, didn't know about this place but will try it out for a long weekend sometime when we just want to get away.
View Quote

The Peace River is well known in this area for huge fossilized sharks teeth. Bring a swimsuit, shovel and screen box.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Peace River is well known in this area for huge fossilized sharks teeth. Bring a swimsuit, shovel and screen box.
View Quote

That i knew, and I've done it.  We have a pretty decent collection of Meg teeth from diving off Venice but I'm not against adding more.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Dade Battlefield State Park
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't forget to seek out county parks as well, lots of hidden gems. Falling Creek Falls in Lake City.

Big Shoals should be roaring with all the rain, pretty awesome to see that for the first time in FL. This is prime time for Ravine Gardens.

Alachua Co has parks out the wazoo; Devils Millhopper, Payne's Prairie,  Sweetwater Wetlands,

Ocala NF is a great place to go wheeling, miles of trails, Avenza has a free app/map for the area. It was a bit tight in some places for my T4R on one trail but fun just the same. The hike out to Salt Springs run was miserable and the red bugs ate me up.

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Florida Caverns and Torreya SP Are both very unique
View Quote
The caverns are pretty cool and Torreya has some great hiking.
Quoted:
Big Shoals should be roaring with all the rain, pretty awesome to see that for the first time in FL. This is prime time for Ravine Gardens.

Alachua Co has parks out the wazoo; Devils Millhopper, Payne's Prairie,  Sweetwater Wetlands,

Ocala NF is a great place to go wheeling, miles of trails, Avenza has a free app/map for the area. It was a bit tight in some places for my T4R on one trail but fun just the same. The hike out to Salt Springs run was miserable and the red bugs ate me up.
View Quote
I love the Big Shoals area. I used to manage the Florida Trail along the Suwannee and that's a gorgeous section.

Juniper, Alexander, and Salt Springs are nice. Definitely have to be prepared for chiggers depending one when you go, though. Hopkins Prairie is a nice area.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I will add another one to the list....

Woods Ferry River Camp...

Awesome place to camp after a day on the river!

Red
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#21]
The Boat Club , Tarpon Springs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top