Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2020 6:20:09 PM EDT
I have been coerced into this against all and any will.  If you solve this you are a genius..... Mr. Smith had 4 daughters ???????????????????each daughter had a brother.... how many children does Mr. Smith have?

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
5 children
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5 children
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Peanuts... I mean 8 children?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to say there are too many variables to this question to get an answer.  I see how people got five or eight but that makes a lot of assumptions.   Never said the brothers are Mr. Smith's kids for example.  Doesn't mention the possibility of step brothers.   Maybe I'm just looking to deeply into this but I'll go with it
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Peanuts... I mean 8 children?
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm going to say there are too many variables to this question to get an answer.  I see how people got five or eight but that makes a lot of assumptions.   Never said the brothers are Mr. Smith's kids for example.  Doesn't mention the possibility of step brothers.   Maybe I'm just looking to deeply into this but I'll go with it
View Quote

You’re looking way to far into it.  It’s really simple if you read every word and look at it closely
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have been coerced into this against all and any will.  If you solve this you are a genius..... Mr. Smith had 4 daughters ???????????????????each daughter had a brother.... how many children does Mr. Smith have?

View Quote

Why all the question marks after daughters?

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why all the question marks after daughters?

View Quote

It’s a cut and past so they where different women’s heads
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It’s a cut and past so they where different women’s heads
View Quote

Oh.  Too bad.  If all those question marks each represented a so-called daughter who was actually a transsexual that would make this more entertaining.

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#10]
None. He HAD 4 daughters and they HAD a brother.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
None. He HAD 4 daughters and they HAD a brother.
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Bullchit. You're saying that "had" is past tense. In this context, it's used as "past perfect" tense.

Like, "what did you have, a boy or a girl?" "I had a boy."

Doesn't mean the boy is dead, ya dummy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bullchit. You're saying that "had" is past tense. In this context, it's used as "past perfect" tense.

View Quote

Think about can a Mr.  have a kid?  My wife could but I can’t
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I first thought about it like @hehe1, then entertained what @Cman13 is saying could also be true (The mother gave birth to octuplets and the nurses are talking about it, right outside the delivery room door).

However, given only the information at hand, Mr. Smith has 5 children (4 girls and 1 boy). As a parent, dead or alive, past or present, they're always your children
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Four
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Completely agree. I hate when these stupid riddles are not single answer only leaving room for interpretation and multiple possibilities. They let the person posing the question get to say no, even though multiple “incorrect” answers are in fact correct possible answers/outcomes. This was fun, thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#17]
None they're all dead he had them
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Past tense
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:20:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Any pix of the daughters?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So by your logic, how can the following be true?   "each daughter had a brother" If "had" means "birthing," then a daughter can't birth a brother, only a girl or boy.

Right?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So by your logic, how can the following be true?   "each daughter had a brother" If "had" means "birthing," then a daughter can't birth a brother, only a girl or boy.

Right?
View Quote

I just don’t give a shit,  it’s a stupid thing that I don’t give a shit about to keep saying what if
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I just don’t give a shit,  it’s a stupid thing that I don’t give a shit about to keep saying what if
View Quote

If no shits are given by you, then why bother posting this in the first place
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any pix of the daughters?
View Quote

{image removed - bikini pics restricted to BOTD forum.....modrapos}

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top