Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/8/2020 10:45:49 AM EDT
We may be short on toilet paper, but that doesnt mean we have to resort to using the Constitution as a substitute.
Violating Constitutional Rights of travel, assembly, and religion: check
Denying Due Process of Law: check
Keeping you from your own property: check
Telling citizens to report on each other: check
Using the military to enforce it all: check
Banning buying seeds to grow your own food

http://kentuckytoday.com/stories/even-small-family-gatherings-at-easter-not-allowed-governor-says,25286?

https://dcgazette.com/2020/and-there-it-is-michigan-governor-gretchen-whitmer-bans-buying-us-flags-during-lockdown/

National Guard Checkpoints, Door-to-Door Searches in Rhode Island

In KY, Gov. Beshear has gone full tyrant.

He has banned Easter dinner gatherings
http://kentuckytoday.com/stories/even-small-family-gatherings-at-easter-not-allowed-governor-says,25286

He has ordered LMPD to monitor Churches and record license plates
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2020/04/10/louisville-coronavirus-lmpd-record-easter-churchgoers-license-plates/5133851002/

Mandatory quarantine of 2 weeks if you participate
https://www.wlky.com/article/beshear-participants-of-mass-gatherings-will-be-forced-to-self-quarantine-for-2-weeks/32111301

Oh, also:

Yesterday, Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear signed an executive order commuting the sentences of 697 more convicted felons in addition to the 186 felons whose sentences he commuted last week. The names of the latest 697 felons are contained in the attached images. Prosecutors and victims were not given prior notice of the names of these defendants. Each defendant's charge(s) and sentence(s) can be viewed by searching either their name or DOC number on KOOL.CORRECTIONS.KY.GOV.

https://m.facebook.com/18thjc/posts/3985091381508463/
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Watched that and THIS with Mrs RWEIII last night...
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Some of what is happening is reasonable in light of the science of the virus and the easy/vast spread of it.   This is plainly stated in the Constitution.
Some of what is happening in response is a bit crazy, and some of the 'conservative' outrage is based on things taken out of context.

I totally support, for example, Rhode Island going full jihad on New Yorkers fleeing NY but bringing the virus with them.   Governors have the duty and authority to protect their states, esp in times of pandemic / emergency.   This is plainly stated in the Constitution.

Some of what govt is allowing or doing is irresponsible, such as arresting or fining people just for walking around or taking a drive -- all by themselves.

That said, the entire political system in the USA encourages, rewards, subsidizes irresponsible behavior of people.
That's why we have so much of it going on.   It's been 'going on' like this for so long, we have people who literally don't know anything better / different.

Keep in mind that the virus is spread by people being around other people.   Now, maybe this 'problem' was tailor-made to assault basic liberties, or maybe that's just how it is.
But if govt says we should stay away from each other, until this thing passes, that's not wrong.
It would be wrong for govt to invade our homes, take our supplies or take children away.    There are scant few children infected with this virus -- they seem to be almost immune.

Anyway, this is quite a complicated issue because we have one president and 50 governors, all with specific authorities and duties.   I haven't seen 'tyranny' in KY yet... but maybe I've missed something.

These jackholes that cough on people.... I'd execute them, if I were King.
(rest easy, criminals ... I'll never be King)

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#3]
"But if govt says we should stay away from each other, until this thing passes, that's not wrong."

Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you have a point?   Or do you just like pictures of people?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 1:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
There's Governor Beshear, Mayor Fischer, Congressman Yarmuth, Senator Paul, and Metro Council President David James (among others) hanging out together in March - you know, staying away from each other because it's not wrong. Fun game - how many of those pictured subsequently tested positive for COVID-19?

Do you think they called the Junior Spies hotline to report themselves?
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of what is happening is reasonable in light of the science of the virus and the easy/vast spread of it.   This is plainly stated in the Constitution.
Some of what is happening in response is a bit crazy, and some of the 'conservative' outrage is based on things taken out of context.

I totally support, for example, Rhode Island going full jihad on New Yorkers fleeing NY but bringing the virus with them.   Governors have the duty and authority to protect their states, esp in times of pandemic / emergency.   This is plainly stated in the Constitution.

Some of what govt is allowing or doing is irresponsible, such as arresting or fining people just for walking around or taking a drive -- all by themselves.

That said, the entire political system in the USA encourages, rewards, subsidizes irresponsible behavior of people.
That's why we have so much of it going on.   It's been 'going on' like this for so long, we have people who literally don't know anything better / different.

Keep in mind that the virus is spread by people being around other people.   Now, maybe this 'problem' was tailor-made to assault basic liberties, or maybe that's just how it is.
But if govt says we should stay away from each other, until this thing passes, that's not wrong.
It would be wrong for govt to invade our homes, take our supplies or take children away.    There are scant few children infected with this virus -- they seem to be almost immune.

Anyway, this is quite a complicated issue because we have one president and 50 governors, all with specific authorities and duties.   I haven't seen 'tyranny' in KY yet... but maybe I've missed something.

These jackholes that cough on people.... I'd execute them, if I were King.
(rest easy, criminals ... I'll never be King)

View Quote

If I bought a second home, pay taxes, and contribute to the State’s economy then I have a right to MY property. You do not deprive people of property without due process.

The government in KY is prohibiting people form entering or leaving the state, they are depriving people of their earnings and livelihood without compensation, they are prohibiting gatherings, association, and religious expression, even to the extent of canceling Easter dinners. They are using police power to spread fear of disobedience, flying helicopters taking images of gatherings, sending police out documenting who is congregating. They can then take their surveillance records and charge you with a misdemeanor up to a year after your “violation”. The Governor’s and Mayors’ behavior are definitions of tyranny
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
NannyBeshear
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]
During times of statewide or nationwide emergency, the executive branch has powers it otherwise does not have.   This is plainly stated in the Constitution.   Rights have been infringed upon, not taken or suspended altogether.   Most govts have no experience with this sort of thing and are juggling things best they can.   A few states are over the top.

Now... you may have valid points to score -- hypocrites in govt abound.   That's a given.   But none of the pictures posted showed a date or had any context to them.

At the start of this thing, we did not know how deadly or how infectious or how long it could lay dormant (no symptoms).
There was no known cure.  This was truly a very dangerous situation.   It looked really bad.   Govt's "open borders" and other bullshit "liberal" policies definitely contributed.
Not to mention the general population is not very disciplined, honest, responsible, respectful, or respectable.   Govt has contributed greatly to this problem as well.

An emergency declaration was warranted, nonetheless.

Now that we have some progress, some real data and potential cures and hindsight .... everyone's is a damn Constitutional genius with hindsight ...
things do not look so bad, but they are still dangerous for the 'older' and 'less healthy'.    It's almost believable that someone invented this virus to cull the population of 'old people'.
And some locales have been hit much harder than KY in general -- heck my county has had only 4 infections and the first one is dead already.   Probably a stubborn old coot who didn't "believe"...

As I said, there are certainly cases of violations which are not warranted (and we can be sure there will be lawsuits) ... but the suggestion that we are living in some sort of statewide or nationwide tyranny is 'conservative' hysterical bunk.

That said, if govt doesn't start lifting its limitations soon, as this thing winds down...but it's hard to tell if things are 'winding down'...  Neither Trump nor Beshear have shown any interest in tyranny...that I can see.   Beshear is completely surrounded by state laws and decent republicans.   He probably would have said something against 'gun shops' were it not specifically banned by state law, maybe he deserves no credit at all.   But I see no tyranny.   Not yet.

Trump is just a red-blooded American who knows that the US economy is most of what he has to work with.   Lose that, and we're in big trouble.

Also... you can't just think of your property.   You have to think of everyone else's.  And a person's first property is their life, their body... their aliveness.   If you contribute any damage to someone else's property, while you are enjoying your own, you did it wrong.   And I doubt you are willing to pay the medical bills or other damages you caused to that Citizen.

Yet that is the purpose of govt:   ensure that no Citizen violates the property of another Citizen.   And if a violation occurs, then it should dole out restitution upon the offender to 'make whole' the victim.

We would all know these things if govt mandated a real civics class where Constitutional Law was taught beginning at young ages.   But govt isn't interested in Citizenship anymore.
Yet ignorance, in the era of information, is no excuse.    Personally, I spent many years studying and sometimes I wish I had not.

"Liberals" are wrong about everything and "conservatives" are not as right as they think they are.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]
TL;DR

I'm curious how one can be an anti-tyrant statist?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Update: LMPD taking down license plate numbers

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2020/04/10/louisville-coronavirus-lmpd-record-easter-churchgoers-license-plates/5133851002/?

Possible Class B Misdemeanor for violation of an order, under KRS214.990, I believe
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Beshear has ordered the State Police to go to churches, record license plates, and pass that information on to others in the county for quarantine.  He was jumping around with his comments and I believe that would only apply to anyone that attended an in church service, even if they followed social distancing rules, but he made the comment about the State Police collecting license plates while he was also talking about the drive in services.

Jump to the 46 minute mark

Gov. Andy Beshear April 10 5:00 pm Update | Coronavirus | KET

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
He is now saying anyone attending a mass gathering will be quarantined

https://www.wlky.com/article/beshear-participants-of-mass-gatherings-will-be-forced-to-self-quarantine-for-2-weeks/32111301?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Big Brother is watching you.

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Where’s our new attorney general? Why isn’t he filing suit against Beshear? Bevin couldn’t pick a booger without Beshear slapping suit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where’s our new attorney general? Why isn’t he filing suit against Beshear? Bevin couldn’t pick a booger without Beshear slapping suit.
View Quote

He issued an opinion that abortion clinics should be shut down and that you cant ban drive in/thru church on Easter so Beshear lost his shit
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 6:29:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He issued an opinion that abortion clinics should be shut down and that you cant ban drive in/thru church on Easter so Beshear lost his shit
View Quote

Beshears opinion led to lawsuits against Bevin. I guess the courts are closed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Beshears opinion led to lawsuits against Bevin. I guess the courts are closed.
View Quote

They are. Everything civil wise. Domestic violence and some criminal dockets still open
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where's our new attorney general? Why isn't he filing suit against Beshear? Bevin couldn't pick a booger without Beshear slapping suit.
View Quote

He has issued an opinion contrary to Beshear.  He said socially distant services are ok.

"Directing a uniformed presence at church services to record the identity of worshippers and to force a quarantine, while doing no such thing for the people gathered at retail stores or obtaining an abortion, is the definition of arbitrary."

https://wfpl.org/kentucky-ag-cameron-says-socially-distant-easter-services-are-ok/
Drive-thru Easter services are acceptable as long as the participants follow CDC guidelines for social distancing, said Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron in a statement, apparently overriding Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer's call for local churches and others not to hold in-person services this weekend.
Cameron said preventing individuals from celebrating religious holidays would be unnecessary if they do so safely.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#19]
A small win.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2020/04/11/covid-19-kentucky-judge-grants-churchs-request-hold-services/2976560001

A federal judge has issued a temporary restraining order sought by Louisville's On Fire Christian Church, allowing the congregation to hold a drive-in style service on Easter.

The church sued Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer and the city of Louisville on Friday, arguing the mayor's directive for churches to forgo gatherings to help slow the spread of COVID-19 violated Constitutional rights.

U.S. District Judge Justin Walker, who issued the order, wrote Saturday that the city of Louisville is banned from "enforcing; attempting to enforce; threatening to enforce; or otherwise requiring compliance with any prohibition on drive-in church services at On Fire."
View Quote

U.S. District Judge Justin Walker is a former UofL Law Professor, he clerk for now Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh, and is a current nominee to the U.S. Court of Appeals.

This is a result of MAGA
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm thinking about going and parking at church tomorrow in civil disobedience.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#21]
MAGA!!!  KAG!!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#22]
License plates have been recorded, notice of violations placed on cars, the violation is a misdemeanor criminal charge, people will be tracked down by local health officials and are required to be quarantined for 14 days.
https://www.facebook.com/tj.roberts.3591/videos/2455881001293960/UzpfSTEwMDAwMTE2MzQ1NTEwMTozNjA4NjcxNTQyNTM2MTQw/
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:15:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
License plates have been recorded, notice of violations placed on cars, the violation is a misdemeanor criminal charge, people will be tracked down by local health officials and are required to be quarantined for 14 days.
https://www.facebook.com/tj.roberts.3591/videos/2455881001293960/UzpfSTEwMDAwMTE2MzQ1NTEwMTozNjA4NjcxNTQyNTM2MTQw/
View Quote

And how will they know if you dont?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Andy's Tattletale Hotline....
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Governor is ordering the state police to give the information to county health officials, who are ordered to track down the owner of the vehicle, identify all the occupants, and force them to sign a quarantine order or "further action will be taken".  I'm sure the county health officials will be threatened with their jobs if they don't comply.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#27]
https://kycourts.gov/courts/supreme/Rules_Procedures/202025.pdf

A list of offenses that are exempt from the latest order saying “non-violent” offenders will not be jailed
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Update on the tyranny: attorney arrested for speaking out against governor on social media

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2020/04/22/man-arrested-charged-threats-kentucky-governor-andy-beshear/3003162001/

“James Troutman was arrested Tuesday, according to an arrest citation, and was ordered to stay away from guns and social media following Wednesday's arraignment.

Kentucky State Police officials were contacted last week, court documents show, after a Facebook account linked to Troutman had posted a comment saying Beshear should be asked in a press conference about William Goebel, a former Kentucky governor who was shot and killed while in office in 1900.
Four days later, on Monday, KSP officials were made aware of another statement from Troutman's account that was made in an exchange with an unidentified separate account.

A rally was scheduled in Frankfort, and when the other account asked if the governor would be there "shooting plates," (a reference to target practice), Troutman, police say, replied "with any luck the (governor) will be the one at whom the shooting will be directed."

Troutman, a Louisville attorney, was arrested the following day, according to the citation.”

Obviously they arrested an attorney who was toeing the line to set an example on the rhetoric/sentiment shared by many
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Latest tyranny: wear a mask or you cant buy food

https://www.wlky.com/article/mask-wearing-will-soon-be-required-in-ky-as-businesses-reopen-coronavirus-covid-kentucky/32293581
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#30]
This governor is a idiot.....wear a mask now.....that’s like putting your seatbelt on after a car wreck.

He will do all he can to bleed the federal government at our expense.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This governor is a idiot.....wear a mask now.....that’s like putting your seatbelt on after a car wreck.

He will do all he can to bleed the federal government at our expense.
View Quote

WHO just said masks dont help at all
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]
yeah, not gonna happen. I might consider a mask with an extremely vulgar image or one with a giant mouth hole but ONLY because I choose to be an ass

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Makes me mad
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Anybody want to contract a local print shop to make a bunch of masks that say "Beshear is a Petty Tyrant" on them?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#37]
You might be able to order these from Rush Order Tees instead...

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Now he is bitching about folks going to Indiana. He has modified his edict banning travel, as a Fed Judge said it is too broad. He still included the language, intentionally ambiguity in my opinion, that anyone coming into the state and intending to stay here has to self quarantine.

A normal person would assume it means out-of-state folks who are coming to KY intending on doing anything but shopping/visiting to have to quarantine. Folks that understand the communist mindset see it as if you leave Ky to go visit IN and come back you have to quarantine
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#39]
He just said on the news that businesses can deny people entry/services if they aren’t wearing a mask.

Sounds like some ADA lawsuits will eventually be paid out, at our expense.

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Yesterday: Safe without masks. Homemade masks don't work.

Today: Must wear mask. Must not be N95 or KN95 mask - those are only for professional heroes. Homemade masks still don't work.

But, but, but....Andy is relying on science to make informed decisions. Like letting a smoke shop remain open during a respiratory virus pandemic.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Waiting to see how the "teachers" feel about him when they figure out that they got screwed. Again. THAT should be a *shitshow* in and of itself. But, then again, they are probably too stupid and complacent to understand that...
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 11:33:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Meanwhile in Texas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kuCGMoK4ns&t=326s

Dude who made the video is a retired cop from California who lives in Texas.

Like I said, 'law enforcement' is not Constitutional.   Keeping the peace is Constitutional.
Good luck finding a judge who will agree with that.

Hard to think about where this goes.

Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Kiju:
Waiting to see how the "teachers" feel about him when they figure out that they got screwed. Again. THAT should be a *shitshow* in and of itself. But, then again, they are probably too stupid and complacent to understand that...
View Quote

You can bet there will be no organized media and social media campaign like there was for the big meanie, so most will have no clue what happened.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mclark202:
He just said on the news that businesses can deny people entry/services if they aren’t wearing a mask. 

Sounds like some ADA lawsuits will eventually be paid out, at our expense. 

View Quote

My barber shop sent out an email about all the shit they and the customers have to do to open up on May 28 and I'm like fuck that. I wonder what Indiana or TN rules regarding haircuts area??
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By arfarf:

My barber shop sent out an email about all the shit they and the customers have to do to open up on May 28 and I'm like fuck that. I wonder what Indiana or TN rules regarding haircuts area??
View Quote

Hopefully I will have more info next week on TN. I'll be sure to report here if so
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#46]
someone (not me) filed a FOIA on the RatLine and posted online.  HOLEEshit.  Can't even make some of this shit up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
someone (not me) filed a FOIA on the RatLine and posted online.  HOLEEshit.  Can't even make some of this shit up.
View Quote

Did our list include the names of people like the one from St. Louis did?  I saw part of one that covered people going to the lake.  People were calling in complaints that non-locals were in the area and going to the grocery store and the complainer was so scared they couldn't even go outside.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

Did our list include the names of people like the one from St. Louis did?  I saw part of one that covered people going to the lake.  People were calling in complaints that non-locals were in the area and going to the grocery store and the complainer was so scared they couldn't even go outside.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SWIRE:
Originally Posted By jaymack:
someone (not me) filed a FOIA on the RatLine and posted online.  HOLEEshit.  Can't even make some of this shit up.

Did our list include the names of people like the one from St. Louis did?  I saw part of one that covered people going to the lake.  People were calling in complaints that non-locals were in the area and going to the grocery store and the complainer was so scared they couldn't even go outside.  

Names and / or email addresses redacted. Supposedly one of the requesters has appealed this however.  

The nature and qty of the complaints are astounding!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Names and / or email addresses redacted. Supposedly one of the requesters has appealed this however.  

The nature and qty of the complaints are astounding!
View Quote

Gonna need a link of that to judge for myself!
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Gonna need a link of that to judge for myself!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By craig24680:

Names and / or email addresses redacted. Supposedly one of the requesters has appealed this however.  

The nature and qty of the complaints are astounding!

Gonna need a link of that to judge for myself!

Was posted in a private wastebook group.  I don't think the post link is shareable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top