Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2021 6:52:03 PM EDT
I have been fortunate in a sense in that I have been able to work through this pandemic hysteria.
Any charities that are worth donating to?
I have donated some to Phoenix Rescue Mission as they seem to be OK, am I correct?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
When my wife was a Principal, St. Mary’s Food Bank did an amazing monthly fresh food drive at her school.

I was impressed.

You might want to check them out, I think have a really good reputation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd donate to PCH instead of enabling the homeless but that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Phoenix Rescue Mission is GTG.

They have good ministries programs that actually help people.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Another vote for Phoenix rescue Mission.  PRM does not give, they help and assist.  If you want assistance from them, you work for it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Sunshine Acres Children’s home.  They take no public money and do a great job.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#7]
We contribute to Hospice Of The Valley when we can.

They helped us. So much.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:40:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Im assuming you mean st mary's with the homeless? They help more then just homeless. People who are struggling, older people who dont make a lot from social security/disability, foster families, etc.

With my back issues and my wife having had a couple medical issues, having access to st mary's has saved our ass a few times.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My wife’s experience, which I witnessed had nothing to do with the homeless.  I had her remind me of the details.

This was for kids in a low socioeconomic area.  They took home fresh fruit and vegetables in giant bags.

The cafeteria at her school looked like a Farmers Market every other Friday for 2 years.

I thought it was pretty cool.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top