- 5/2/2023 (LCO) Filed with Legislative Commissioners' Office
HB 6817:
- 5/2/2023 Tabled for the Calendar, House
- 5/2/2023 No New File by Committee on Appropriations
- 5/2/2023 (LCO) Reported Out of Legislative Commissioners' Office
- 5/2/2023 (LCO) Filed with Legislative Commissioners' Office
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
See the OP post for a few more updates from this morning to HB 6667 and HB 6817. Updated bill links and status info posted.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
This is all so useless and redundant.  There should be a review process by which all bills get vetted for constitutional muster before they even go to committee.  If in direct conflict with SCOTUS rulings, don't even bother advancing them an inch further.  This has become a test playground for any idiotic idea people can think of.  Seriously, wtf, no better than a corrupt third world country.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is all so useless and redundant.  There should be a review process by which all bills get vetted for constitutional muster before they even go to committee.  If in direct conflict with SCOTUS rulings, don't even bother advancing them an inch further.  This has become a test playground for any idiotic idea people can think of.  Seriously, wtf, no better than a corrupt third world country.
View Quote

Ideally yes its useless and redundant. But unfortunately this is how the current game is setup and being played. Pass a law, have it challenged and ruled unconstitutional decades later, then tweak the unconstitutional law and pass it again so it has to be challenged again, over and over and over. SCOTUS is in on the game and they keep this shit show going intentionally through narrow opinions and leaving the lower courts to defy SOTUS opinions for decades before they get around to smacking down lower courts on 2A issues.

Barret could issue a smack down to put a almost instant stop to the IL AWB but its almost guaranteed she won't. She'll continue to let the politicians, judges and lawyers play the round robin game in the lower courts.

Previously I was 50/50 on HB 6667 being passed. Now I'm leaning to they'll pass it as an intentional middle finger to SOTUS. They know damn well it's unconstitutional and won't do anything to affect crime. Democrat politicians are hell bent on trying to ensure that only the party of the state and criminals have the guns leaving the peasants defenseless to both.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Legislative update:  The Elmer Fudd Bill.  Substitute Senate Bill No. 1148
AN ACT AUTHORIZING CERTAIN KILLING OF BLACK BEAR AND  PROHIBITING BIRD FEEDERS AND OTHER UNINTENTIONAL AND  INTENTIONAL FEEDING OF POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ANIMALS.  PDF
You can kill a bear in self defense, but you will be fined for unintentional feeding (like stuff in your trash, a bird feeder, stuff in a compost pile)

West and welaxation at wast....Wabbit Twouble
In layman's terms
Looney Tunes Golden Collection S 01 E 11 C - WABBIT TWOUBLE @LOOcaa

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ideally yes its useless and redundant. But unfortunately this is how the current game is setup and being played. Pass a law, have it challenged and ruled unconstitutional decades later, then tweak the unconstitutional law and pass it again so it has to be challenged again, over and over and over. SCOTUS is in on the game and they keep this shit show going intentionally through narrow opinions and leaving the lower courts to defy SOTUS opinions for decades before they get around to smacking down lower courts on 2A issues.

Barret could issue a smack down to put a almost instant stop to the IL AWB but its almost guaranteed she won't. She'll continue to let the politicians, judges and lawyers play the round robin game in the lower courts.

Previously I was 50/50 on HB 6667 being passed. Now I'm leaning to they'll pass it as an intentional middle finger to SOTUS. They know damn well it's unconstitutional and won't do anything to affect crime. Democrat politicians are hell bent on trying to ensure that only the party of the state and criminals have the guns leaving the peasants defenseless to both.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was 100% sure they were going to ram this through quickly, but the longer it takes the less certain I am. I’m shocked it hasn’t passed already.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was 100% sure they were going to ram this through quickly, but the longer it takes the less certain I am. I’m shocked it hasn’t passed already.
View Quote

Last year's big anti gun bill didn't get as far as HB 6667 in the legislative process before it died at the end of the legislative session, and that was after they gutted it of all gun control. There's about a month left in the legislative session, there is time for them to vote on HB 6667 if Democrat leaders decide to being it to a vote.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top