Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2022 10:52:54 AM EDT

The man who attempted to assassinate Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) was charged with a felony and released from custody hours after the attack, the Monroe County Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

STORY

View Quote

wtf?

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Well he's likely a Democrat/Leftists/Progressive and the Law clearly exempts their radical behavior against any who dare challenge the Rule of Democrats.
I wonder, no, I've a damn good idea what would happen if one of us had pulled that stunt on Hokie.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya, Bro.

This kind of BS is one reason that I started to carry the day Ohio enacted its "Constitutional Carry Law" a few days ago. Open carry or closed carry--NO PERMIT needed.

PS
In related story:

10 Rounds Fired in 15 seconds at 40 Yards -- Terrorist Neutralized
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well he's likely a Democrat/Leftists/Progressive and the Law clearly exempts their radical behavior against any who dare challenge the Rule of Democrats.
I wonder, no, I've a damn good idea what would happen if one of us had pulled that stunt on Hokie.
View Quote

WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE THROAT PUNCH THIS BASTARD ? He wouldn't just walk away with an appearance ticket then!
Gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin attacked during Monroe County campaign stop
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE THROAT PUNCH THIS BASTARD ? He wouldn't just walk away with an appearance ticket then!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlE9Y-dfGA0
View Quote
Since this New York, the guy throwing the punch would be sitting in jail on charges while the original attacker would still be out on an appearance ticket. Just remember what happened to the bodega owner in the city. He got quite a ride before enough people in power convinced the DA to reverse course.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 2:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
attempted political assassination and it gets charged as attempted assault as the lowest class of felony in NY
F'ing world
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
attempted political assassination and it gets charged as attempted assault as the lowest class of felony in NY
F'ing world
View Quote
I am surprised the FBI isn't involved and there aren't Federal charges since Zeldin is still a sitting Congressman. At least with the Feds involved, the guy would not be out without having to front bail money.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am surprised the FBI isn't involved and there aren't Federal charges since Zeldin is still a sitting Congressman. At least with the Feds involved, the guy would not be out without having to front bail money.
View Quote
The FBI would probably bail him out personally anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
And why isn't Hochul being investigated for her posting Nelson's schedule and pleas for dems to "attend" his rallies. Things may get ugly this coming election season sadly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Republican "Leaders" Ortt and Barclay are calling for a special legislative session  to "hold menacing criminals responsible and repeal bail reform."

Genuine #2A reforms, or any mention of personal protection and self-defense, is not part of that agenda.  It is not an oversight.

Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The FBI would probably bail him out personally anyway.
View Quote

Well if he'd contacted them in advance they would have bought him and AR-15 and a bunch of "high capacity clips"(sic).
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Republican "Leaders" Ortt and Barclay are calling for a special legislative session  to "hold menacing criminals responsible and repeal bail reform."

Genuine #2A reforms, or any mention of personal protection and self-defense, is not part of that agenda.  It is not an oversight.

View Quote

They can call for it all they want: ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]

HERO:

MORE STORY
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlE9Y-dfGA0
View Quote
"Current news from RAWCHESTER."  For fuck's sake.  It was almost in Wayne county.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wait, that was the "knife"?  A cuddly kitty cat?  I mean, it looks like something a kid could find  in the mall.  
View Quote

Get punched in the neck with that, I guarantee you will not appreciate the results.  They sell them as "stealth knuckleduster type" self defense tools.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Get punched in the neck with that, I guarantee you will not appreciate the results.  They sell them as "stealth knuckleduster type" self defense tools.
View Quote
Well, yea, of course.  I'll just call it, the meowzer.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
In all fairness, there is zero support for 2A reforms on the Democrat side but there are quite a few Democrat's now who do want to fix the mess THEY created passing "Bail Reform". A legislative session to deal with that has some minor chance of success.  A 2A reform session has absolutely no chance.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#18]
If took them long enough:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lee-zeldin-attack-suspect-hit-federal-assault-charge

At least with the feds now involved he will not be out on his own recognizance. F k New York's "Bail Reform"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top