Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/30/2021 9:20:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain.  Same district.  

It's just back to school illness that ravages schools EVERY SINGLE YEAR!  I'm actually surprised the board just voted 'no' on masks then did this.  I thought for sure they'd wait until after the upcoming elections to reverse course.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2021 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The "normal" colds are absolutely rampant right now, what did they expect when we cut our immune systems at the knees by isolating everyone from everything for 18 months.

RSV and other viruses are a huge problem, but they refuse to test for anything buy COVID.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They cancelled classes, but sports and band are still going on as scheduled.
Football game Friday night and band competition on Saturday.    Guess COVID only spreads in the classroom and not in the bleachers or on a bus.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear ya! In Hudson School District (Summit County) the School Board pulled a fast one:

all Summer no masks, no masks, no masks

UNTIL less than 24 hours before school year begins--this Monday--they reverse--masks must be worn

...and we all know the stats on young kids even getting Cv19 and their recovery success rate being ASTRONOMICAL

Kids NEED all the O2 they can properly breathe in for their developing brain --I'm a dummy and I know this!!

PS
Guy I used to work with--an OSHA Inspector--says that these phony paper "China Masks" would not be allowed after 30 minutes in a factory--too much CO2 generated by exhaling and breathed in!
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel your pain.  Same district.  

It's just back to school illness that ravages schools EVERY SINGLE YEAR!  I'm actually surprised the board just voted 'no' on masks then did this.  I thought for sure they'd wait until after the upcoming elections to reverse course.  

View Quote

Yep. My kids have both been sick with a stomach bug or something, along with most of my friends' kids.  There's a lot of kids out of school sick in the district and a lot more off for "quarantine" due to the mandates handed down by the state health department.

The bugs being spread around are probably worse this year with the kids being mostly kept home last school year.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hear ya! In Hudson School District (Summit County) the School Board pulled a fast one:

all Summer no masks, no masks, no masks

UNTIL less than 24 hours before school year begins--this Monday--they reverse--masks must be worn

...and we all know the stats on young kids even getting Cv19 and their recovery success rate being ASTRONOMICAL

Kids NEED all the O2 they can properly breathe in for their developing brain --I'm a dummy and I know this!!

PS
Guy I used to work with--an OSHA Inspector--says that these phony paper "China Masks" would not be allowed after 30 minutes in a factory--too much CO2 generated by exhaling and breathed in!
View Quote

A lot of this is coming from the state. My district is very conservative and did not want to do masks. They made it two weeks before they broke down and required masks, the superintendent did not want to do it.

Health department mandate says kids who aren't wearing masks and are exposed have to isolate. Kids wearing masks who get exposed don't have to isolate. Too many kids were being forced to miss class.  

Be nice if they had the balls to tell the health department where to shove it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They cancelled classes, but sports and band are still going on as scheduled.
Football game Friday night and band competition on Saturday.    Guess COVID only spreads when  there is no $ to be made.
View Quote

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top