Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2021 9:17:13 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah those storms kept going south. Had tornado warning alarms wake us up in Walworth Co at like 1:30am. Strong winds around 80+mph, but there wasn't much damage around me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#2]
WPS workers will be worn out by next week. Both from working to repair last night's damage, and the damage we had up north in Vilas/Oneida/Forest/Florence counties on monday night. My electric was off for about 24 hrs, others I know we're at 48hrs and counting last I heard. Gogebic & Iron in the U.P. got hit hard too, but they have W. E. Energies up there, not WPS.

I was prepared. 5,000 watt generator for well pump & fridge on one side of house, 2500 watt on other side for freezer and my workshop.

I threw the 2500 in the back of my UTV and brought it over to my neighbor, to run his fridge & freezer for a few hours, to keep his goods from thawing out.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
We got the tail end of it down here, no damage, but 1.5 inches of much needed rain. Pretty wild light show, it woke my deaf as a rock ass up.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#4]
If it wasn't for my 3 yo waking us up in the middle of the booming I wouldn't of even have known it stormed. We shockingly had no visible damage when I drove through the neighborhood this morning. I'm located just north of the Airport in Oshkosh. It sounds like we missed the worst of it thankfully
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Waukesha County here. EF0 touched down about a mile and a half SE of me. The storms were moving SE and coming from NW so I bet that funnel went right over me!
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We got the tail end of it down here, no damage, but 1.5 inches of much needed rain. Pretty wild light show, it woke my deaf as a rock ass up.
View Quote

You guys out west got the rain,  we (Wheatland )
got the wind.
When I talked to my buddy over in Shulsberg today he said almost 2" at the farm,  and we received 1/4"
Hopefully everyone is OK.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a couple of small limbs in the drive in northern Dodge county.   A great light show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top