Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2018 7:15:56 AM EDT
Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever he may be, I hope at some point his campaign decides to make some ads, maybe some press photo ops or SOMETHING!!! I live in Suffolk, (long Island). Cuomo lost Suffolk last election... Cuomo barely won Nassau... I have seen and heard absolutely zero about Sharpe on LI. No radio commercials, no billboards, no interviews on local channels... NOTHING!!!

I have no doubt the republican committee has decided that the NY governor race is a lost cause, just like they did with Astorino (who still managed to make a pretty good run last time.)

But for fu&*s sake, at least get some ads on the air, and start to make it look like a legit campaign!!! At this point I would guess that probably less than 25% of NY'ers even know Cuomo is up for re-election, and probably less than 5% have any idea of who is running against him.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Larry did 4 events in Suffolk just last week. Two were public meet and greets, he was at the annual Suffolk LP convention and he was also at the NYSAFE meeting on Monday night. He’s the ONLY candidate who unequivocally supports your right to defend yourself and your property in the method you deem appropriate. He’s the only candidate who will pardon all those who have been made felons by the unSAFE Act. He’s the second biggest fundraiser after King Andrew. You want ads? Maybe donate some funds for the effort. Larry is the only one out there talking about the real issues facing New Yorkers. There is polling coming out this week that shows that with more money to get the message out to more people, Larry is THE ONLY candidate who can beat Cuomo. He crushes the fake candidate, Molinaro, in all ways.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s all cool, and by the way, welcome!  But who is he, where’s he from and what is his experience?
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#4]
This is PRNY.    Abandon ye all hope of liberty at the border.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#5]
He has an extensive FB presence; money well spent these days, IMPO.
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm watching his live FB video right meow.  Sounds like he's actually doing well, especially among democrat voters.  I also personally know his running mate.  They've got my vote, for sure.
Link Posted: 6/13/2018 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for bringing this up. Just spent some time listening to him, and agree with a lot of his views. If he can get his message out, I'll bet he's got a real shot.
Donated to help him get out there, and challenge you guys to do the same.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Who?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The libertarian guy? No chance
View Quote
Yup. He knows this too. Then the question is, why is he running.

1. To get ballot access for the Libertarian Party in NY
2. He is planning to run for President on the Libertarian Line in 2020.
3. Ego

Unfortunately, I see a lot of people believing he can win. This peddling of false hope makes him just as bad as the Republicans.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd have to say I think realistically he has no chance, but is also our only hope. So, we're boned.
Link Posted: 6/15/2018 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#13]
It is all about and always has been about ballot access.  Anyone should realize that off the bat.  The most they have drawn in a gubernatorial race before is like 48,000 with Redleich, that guy from Guilderland.

I don't think they'll draw enough to even figure in as a spoiler.  If they do them it should serve as a a wake up to the dysfunctional NYS Republicrat party.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Given that the GOP candidates  running mate is an avowed anti-gunner ( which amazingly has gotten no thread attention here ), what are our options if we're not going to give the GOP candidate the time of day due to their running mate choice.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:58:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Given that the GOP candidates  running mate is an avowed anti-gunner ( which amazingly has gotten no thread attention here ), what are our options if we're not going to give the GOP candidate the time of day due to their running mate choice.
View Quote
She is not an avowed ant-gunner. Killian has always been a gun owner and takes her kids to the range. She was running in a very liberal district last fall in the wake of the worst mass shooting the country has ever seen and said what her political consultants told her to say. In fact, what she said wasn't really anything different from what Trump has said in the past. And the reality is there are many gun owners who actually support parts of the SAFE Act, for example, the part that increases penalties for those who murder first responders and penalties for NYC gangbangers who use illegally possessed handguns.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

She is not an avowed ant-gunner. Killian has always been a gun owner and takes her kids to the range. She was running in a very liberal district last fall in the wake of the worst mass shooting the country has ever seen and said what her political consultants told her to say.
View Quote
Sounds like that's the exact time you need to stand up for what you truly believe and speak facts, and not simply regurgitate what your handlers feed you over the teleprompter.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Larry Sharpe is a pothole in the NY political road.
Soon enough, it'll get filled in.

Nice to hear his positions on things, just like I like to share mine.

Neither of us will be NYS Governor.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Never heard of him
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess knowing his running mate personally kinda helped me know who Larry is.  I'd rather vote for him, and know I was voting for someone who won't turn out to be a sellout, than to vote for a democrat-lite republican who will continue to not do anything anyway.

I have no idea who else is running in the race, though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Sharpe will play spoiler or Mullinaro (sp?) if Cuomo gets entangled in more of the pay to play BS. I'm voting for Mullinsro. I honestly believe a Republican has a better than usual chance this year. Lots of ads linking Cuomo to.the buffalo billions and other.scandles. I'd rather have democrat lite than.full on.Commie Cuomo
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Regardless of who Cuomo's primary opponent will be, I've heard exactly jack shit from any of them. With Cuomo being much more well known with a much bigger campaign account you'd think they'd want to get a head start of this election.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Financials are in.

Larry Sharpe is showing -$13,000 in his campaign account.

Expenses include flights on Alaskan Airlines, lol.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#24]
If he is on the ticket come November, I’ll vote for him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#25]
This is the first I am hearing about Larry Sharpe.  After watching some interviews and reading about him, I love this guy, no homo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is the first I am hearing about Larry Sharpe.  After watching some interviews and reading about him, I love this guy, no homo.
View Quote
He supports open borders and protecting abortion “rights.”
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top