Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2018 9:39:25 AM EDT
I recently had some family move to the Lady Lake area and am looking for some advice/recommendations for a public range for rifle and pistol, and/or somewhere in the area to shoot sporting clays. TIA.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Never been there but I hear it's nice.

About 20 minutes from Lady Lake traffic depending.

Blackjack Sporting Clays Web Page

Blackjack Sporting Clays

For a public range you have a non-managed (No RO on duty) public facility operated by the state off SR40 north of Lady Lake. It gets VERY crowded, can be unsafe, best to go at dawn and last couple hours of daylight.

Public Range

You also have Eustis Gun Club about 30-40 minutes away.

Eustis Gun Club

There is an indoor range in Leesburg off SR44, about 20 minutes south.

The Gun Range
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Within the next month will be Shooter's World in Brownwood, on CR-44A in the Villages. Will have multiple [9, I think] 100-yard rifle indoor lanes and like 24 pistol lanes.

Outdoor range Leesburg: https://aresfirearmstraining.com/ on weekends only presently.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Great info. Thank you for the replies.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Ares firearms training. Off of treasure island rd. keep it on the DL though. It’s been my honey hole and don’t need it getting over run by fudds and plinkers from the villages
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
They just had some sort of meeting about the Treasure Island range. Apparently some of the old folks at one of the mobile home parks on 44 were whining about the noise. I saw the meeting referenced on the nextdoor app.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
That’s pretty much consistent with any outdoor gun range. Old folks that moved from up north come down and bitch. The old green swamp gun range on 33 had the same problem as well as Rocky creek in manatee. Both closed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top