Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2021 9:01:57 PM EDT
Going to be in the market for one in the next month or so.  Any recommendations on quality breeders here in MT?
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure on reputable breeders. We recently put a deposit in with a Bernedoodle breeder, but before we found them we joined a Pets in Montana facebook group to find a rescue or puppy. Holy crap. The number of what I assume are accidental puppy litters and backyard breeders is insane. It seems like legit breeders do post in there at times as well, but it can be hard to tell unless the person's page has a link or says they are a breeder. Lyon Labs posted 2 days ago that they have male puppies still available, 4 weeks old. However, I have no idea if they are legit. No website, just facebook.

I looked online at a bunch of breeder sites and talked to the breeder we are getting from. They have a website and a facebook with a fair amount of good reviews. After a decent length conversation we decided to go with them. Should get to pick our pup up in a month.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Spyderboy!  Lyon Labs look good.  Our lab has been gone a year now.  It is time for another.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Spyderboy!  Lyon Labs look good.  Our lab has been gone a year now.  It is time for another.
View Quote

They are good dogs. We had to put our 12 year old black lab down at the end of April. 3rd dog in 2.5 years. It's been rough. Still have a little terrier and she has never been alone so we started looking right away.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
@redram Did you find a pup? I've seen several other litters posted recently.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@redram Did you find a pup? I've seen several other litters posted recently.
View Quote

Not yet.  Time to gear up the search though.  Got back yesterday after being out of state for two weeks for a wedding.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not yet.  Time to gear up the search though.  Got back yesterday after being out of state for two weeks for a wedding.
View Quote

Hope you find one!
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hope you find one!
View Quote

Found a breeder.  Pick up our Chocolate female next week!
http://www.zumislabs.com/index.html
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome! We picked our guy up last weekend. Hopefully my phone didn't reduce the size too much...
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
He's a cutie!
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:29:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's a cutie!
View Quote

haha thanks! We think so. He's got an awesome temperament so far.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a friend that is a breeder south of  Flathead Lake. She currently has a English Labrador female pup that is ready to go, 9 weeks old and very confident, miss Blueberry. All her pups are very sweet as I  have one from a different pairing early this past winter. All of her pups are usually spoken for well in advance. Covid has turned that on its ear.

Bearcreeks Labradors-Montana

40 yrs breeding English Labs for any duty. Veteran therapy dog, Medical companion, hunting, fishing, truck riding, best friend.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Brought her home today!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:50:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Cute pup!
View Quote

Thanks!

She is birdy and the plan is for her to be a hunter.  Comes from great lines.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Awwww puppy!
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm looking for one as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:01:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm looking for one as well.
View Quote

http://www.zumislabs.com/index.html
They are in Victor.  Get on her wait list for a future litter.  She might have a bitch that is preggo from what we learned today when picking ours up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:43:42 AM EDT
[#18]
If you’re out west you can try these people https://www.baldmountainlabradors.com/

Marry is really cool, my brother ran a bomb dog in Afghan 2011 and he came from those trainers.  They weren’t the actual breeder as she is no longer doing breeding now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top