Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2021 12:06:50 AM EDT
Now that Gov Abbott has signed the CC law into effect, how do you think that Will effect LTC a processing times? How long is it currently taking from documentation submitted to issue? I just submitted mine today and I’m curious if what others are experiencing.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:18:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have heard current times of 2 weeks to nearly 3 months. I don’t see CC making any difference
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
3 weeks on renewal for me in May 2021.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I submitted my application on April 19 and my LTC was in my mailbox on May 7. Just a hair under 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I submitted my application on April 19 and my LTC was in my mailbox on May 7. Just a hair under 3 weeks.
View Quote

Wow! That’s fast.
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I submitted my renewal today, 6/23, the only thing on my needed checklist was: "TxDPS will attempt to use the Texas DL/ID photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required."

So, we'll see if I get mine back by middle of July.

Update: Got my renewal back around the 7th of july. So, pretty quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:33:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have heard current times of 2 weeks to nearly 3 months. I don’t see CC making any difference
View Quote

Fewer people seeing the need to get a LTC should mean fewer applications to process, which should mean less of a backlog in processing them (unless the number of people processing them is also reduced).
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fewer people seeing the need to get a LTC should mean fewer applications to process, which should mean less of a backlog in processing them (unless the number of people processing them is also reduced).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From studies done most states that get Constitional Carry have an increase of people going to training and getting their permits. Only state that didn't was a slight decrease was Missouri.

IMO I can not see anyone that already has a permit not renewing it. It is so easy to do on line and costs only around $40. Just to bypass a NICS check is worth it.

When I got my first CHL (LTC) it took about 6 weeks, my first renewal took 2-3 weeks, my third renewal took nearly 3 months. It comes down to just how busy they are.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Just an update: As of Friday it was Background Check complete and Print Pending so that’s pretty impressive speed. Now, how long it will take to print…..?
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]
my renewal was less than a month.

I really dont remember the day I did it in June, but it showed up in the mail on Monday.

ETA: Just realized I have had my CCW/LTC for over 20 years
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

And it’s in the mail already! That was seriously fast. I’m impressed.

Submitted: 6/22
In the mail: 7/8
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I renewed mine at the end of April and got it back in the middle of June. I expected it to get kicked back for prints but they took them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
My LTC came in the mail today.

TOTAL of 18 days submitted to delivery
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine expires on my 70th birthday in 2025.

It would be great if I look as good as I do in the crappy photo taken years ago.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It would be great if I look as good as I do in the crappy photo taken years ago.
View Quote

LOL, I feel ya. I’ve lost 60lbs since my DL photo was taken. Now to have my LTC with a photo of the former fat guy for the next 5 years is painful.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

When i got my fingerprints done, they took a new picture, but of course the card comes with your old drivers license pic. Boo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#16]
The appearance of the new card is less like a drivers license look and more of a monochromatic one.

I like the old card better, they didn't use the photo from the old LTC card, but my most recent DL, and I've had mine since '06.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The appearance of the new card is less like a drivers license look and more of a monochromatic one.

I like the old card better, they didn't use the photo from the old LTC card, but my most recent DL, and I've had mine since '06.
View Quote

The new driver's license looks like that too from what I've been told.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 4:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]
I submit my renewal sometime in early June and it still says fingerprints under review and background check in progress. Kind of wondering whats going on with it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 8:24:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I submit my renewal sometime in early June and it still says fingerprints under review and background check in progress. Kind of wondering whats going on with it.
View Quote

My last renewal 3 years ago took 2 1/2 months, at over 6 weeks I called asked if anything was wrong and if they needed anything. The lady replied ‘Nope, everything is good, we’ve been busy’. I never want till the last minute to renew so it is not a big deal, but other people on here had gotten renewals in 2-4 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Under 3 weeks from submission.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Took under 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I submitted my online renewal on Aug 9.
The web site status today says:
License To Carry A Handgun : Mailed

ETA: Received the license in the mail today.  17 days.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Everything was sent to DPS on 8/24 and I got the card in the mail today 9/4 . Woo Hoo !???? God bless Texas. ?? They also put Veteran on it like my DL which I think is pretty damn kool .?? My last Virginia Handgun permit renewal took 30 days last fall by comparison.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Just submitted my renewal ten minutes ago, usual "will attempt to use current docs" and I'm due by second week of next month.

Hoping hoping hoping!
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#25]
LTC arrived but it’s b & w. And it’s my tdl pic not my LTC pic. Strange.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got a co-worker and his wife that both got their first LTC back in less than twelve business days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top