Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2020 11:29:42 PM EDT
Signs at Simpsons Hardware prominently displayed read "All Ammunition Limited to 3 boxes PER FAMILY" vs. "per customer".

This to thwart The Neckbeard Family from coming in and carting off 12-15+ boxes off ammo claiming every family member regardless of age is a "customer".

"Whut? Well, lil' Darleen there might only be three years old but she kin shoot an AR bettern' me! And little Baby 'Tater there can hit a target from half a mahl 'way with his Glock 19!"

Link Posted: 3/19/2020 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#1]
And

That is why I reload.

Oh, they should do this on many consumables. Neck Bearding will ruin our society if we let it.

If last month you used 2 rolls of TP then this month you will use 2 rolls. They won’t quit making TP because of the China Virus.

People don’t be idiots when facing adversity.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately most people devolve to their most basic primal instincts for self preservation when a sudden wide spread emergency like this hits. Stores should not take returns on the most panic bought items, TP, sanitizer, disinfectant, etc.
I live not far from a flea market and I will walk it on some Saturday Mornings for exercise and to buy fruit from the produce vendors. When this mess winds down I fully expect to see a lot of this type of stuff for sale there. I have already seen someone selling small cases of commercial packed toilet paper for $18.00 $19.00 per case.

As far as ammo goes, I also suspect that a lot of the panic bought stuff will end up on gun show tables at stupid prices once things start getting back to normal.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Was back in Simpson Hardware this morning and there was a steady stream of customers buying ammo. The only stuff left in any quantity is 115gr FMJ and 38spl. No 45, 380, 223, 556. JHP SD ammo is either gone or will be by the time this post is made.

Purchased the allowed limit of ammo, some powder, and some rifle primers.

Hand sanitizer is the new currency . Was in Aldi yesterday and store stocker put one case of it on the shelf and by the time word spread through the store and I got there it was gone...even at limit 2.

How soon until ammunition becomes the new currency?
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And

That is why I reload.

Oh, they should do this on many consumables. Neck Bearding will ruin our society if we let it.

If last month you used 2 rolls of TP then this month you will use 2 rolls. They won’t quit making TP because of the China Virus.

People don’t be idiots when facing adversity.
View Quote
If you make yourself constipated you'll use even less TP.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was back in Simpson Hardware this morning and there was a steady stream of customers buying ammo. The only stuff left in any quantity is 115gr FMJ and 38spl. No 45, 380, 223, 556. JHP SD ammo is either gone or will be by the time this post is made.

Purchased the allowed limit of ammo, some powder, and some rifle primers.

Hand sanitizer is the new currency . Was in Aldi yesterday and store stocker put one case of it on the shelf and by the time word spread through the store and I got there it was gone...even at limit 2.

How soon until ammunition becomes the new currency?
View Quote
But all the people who bought silver and gold said it would be currency lmao
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you make yourself constipated you'll use even less TP.
View Quote
Shit, shower, shave. BMT taught me something.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 3:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"Whut? Well, lil' Darleen there might only be three years old but she kin shoot an AR bettern' me! And little Baby 'Tater there can hit a target from half a mahl 'way with his Glock 19!"
View Quote
When I was in there this morning I did my neckbeard impersonation and got some big laughs from the gun counter personnel.

"Little Darleen and Baby 'Tater aren't old enough to purchase ammo" was the reply.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Simpson's is officially out of ammo...unless you want 25 or 32 FMJ.

The bones have just about been picked clean.

The cops were there arresting a shoplifter which made for some interesting drama-llama drama.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top