Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2020 2:01:14 PM EDT
Stay off of state route 79 if you can, shut down going through Florence. Rumor says MIGHT be a guy with gun and bomb at INS, rumor only at this time. Avoid the area. This has been a public service announcement....
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:34:38 AM EDT
[#1]
wtf is INS?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive always known it as immigration and naturalization services. Unknown if there is something else in florence with those initials though?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
figured that's what you meant, but INS hasn't existed for 20 years.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]
We've known it as INS for longer than that, so we still call it that sometimes. But whatever, just trying to let people know if anyone were in the area. Turned out to be a crank with no weapon or bomb, now in custody.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Good thing you called him out on it! Anyone know if PriceClub is open today?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
My bad, didn't realize this was an extension of GD. Point taken and duly warned, let the games begin!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone know if PriceClub is open today?
View Quote

Yup went there this weekend and my wallet is $400 lighter

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:44:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was headed there, but...I needed gas. Not a Mobil, Texaco or Exxon to be found! (j/k)

And KPHO doesn't sign off at midnight with American the Beautiful anymore. (Or the Star Spangled Banner)
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:56:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but I hit Gemco, AlphaBeta/(Abco the grocery store family friendly place), Smith's, Reliable Furniture, Fred Meyer's, Smitty's, PicN'Save, Service Merchandise, Eckard's, Osco, Drug Emporium, Thrifty's, plus Metrocenter, Park Central, West valley mall[manistee town center replete with Montgomery Ward's and Broadway Southwest] and Westridge mall on the way home. Even went to Golf n' Stuff and Water World. Ate with the family at Pistol Pete's. Busy day.

Eta: story as a young kid. Went to pic n' save often since it was close and family didn't have much money growing up. I was allowed a toy from time to time. My older sister called it Buy n' Break, which often happened with the $0.40 to dollar toys.

I remember getting a 50cent bottle cap shooter. The toy had a rubber band and a tab enclosed in a pressed plastic housing, made in Taiwan. It came with 3 plastic bottle cap replicas the size of a current silver eagle\old silver dollar. Maybe between that and a half dollar. Effing thing broke after 4 shots.

My grandmother gave me a 5 dollar bill once and I felt like a king. I bought a corded remote control tank that was awesome.

Thanks for the memories at any rate.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:45:54 AM EDT
[#12]
What? Yellow Front was closed? Lucky's not open, either? (They were part of the same chain, at one time.)

Memories! Hey, let's go see what Mandell's has on special.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]
But did you make it to Fed-Mart or get a Ladmo bag?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:29:30 AM EDT
[#14]
MANDELL'S!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top