Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2018 8:48:12 AM EDT
Out of the many vacations my wife and I have taken, a quick weekend getaway in Lambertville & New Hope was one of our favorites. Do you know of any similar spots?

Why it appeals to us:

1. Convenience: it's only a hour and a half away from us in Northern NJ

2. No or a small amount of kids

3. Beer: breweries and bars

4. Romantic

5. Quiet and relaxed, yet fun and roudy at times

6. Lots of food choices

Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, quite a few

Place holder.

Getting off my train .

I will respond around lunch time
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for the late response. Finally going home after an insane day.

All the places listed below have been frequented by me during the last three years.

First, in my opinion  Lambertville restaurants are better than New Hope Restaurants. Please note that many restaurants in Lambertville are BYO and are cash only restaurants. It pays to call ahead .

New Hope

The Blue  Moose Restaurantand Cafe  has very good food and typically has live music on  Thursdays,  Fridays and Saturdays. A fun place can get a bit loud at times.

Nectar Wine Bar. Don't let the name fool you. Great selection of Whiskeys and Scotches. It can be loud at times but I don't remember any live music.

Havana- It is always busy during the Summer has bands and plenty of drunks.

Fran's Pub - A favorite of Bikers always busy during the summer but I don't remember any live music.

Lambertville

Lambertville is usually quieter than New Hope but as stated earlier,  I think it has better restaurants.

Excellent Bar.

The Boat House. The Bar is next to the Canal in an alley but it is a great place for drinks

The Bell Tavern. A favorite of the locals . Always busy ,has music good basic food.

Excellent Restaurants

The Hamilton Grill Room. Located in the same alley as the Boat House Bar. It has one of the best steak that I have ever eaten outside of NYC, Chicago or St Louis.  . Quiet place, accepts CC but it is BYO.

Lilly's on the Canal. You will need to access the Canal Pathway via Coryell Street and walk to your left .Excellent food accepts CC and has  a liquor license.

The Inn of the Hawke Restaurant.  A 1840's Inn. The owners live upstairs.  Great place for a date night.  Ask to be seated in the large room  with view of the canal .

El Tule- A Peruvian restaurant.  Excellent seafood. Accepts CC but it is BYO.

Stay away from the Lambertville Station Inn. The food is mediocre on a good day and the service sucks.This commented is based on two visits. They have Bar below with a fireplace.  A great place for drinks.

Breakfast

Go to Frenchtown and have breakfast at the Frenchtown Cafe. They make a great omelet. Always busy.

Across the street from the Cafe there is wooden duck decoy store .It is worth the visit after breakfast . You will spend money there. They have plenty of cool wildlife " stuff".

I hope I gave you enough recommendations.  Should you have any questions just  ask.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#3]
He was asking for places similar to Lambertville / New Hope. He was already there.

Frenchtown Cafe is closed, it has water damage from a fire that was caused by a truck crashing into the pizza place next store, burnt it to the ground.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He was asking for places similar to Lambertville / New Hope. He was already there.

Frenchtown Cafe is closed, it has water damage from a fire that was caused by a truck crashing into the pizza place next store, burnt it to the ground.
View Quote
LOL

Reading is fundamental

Well ar least everyone knows about New Hope and Lambertville.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LOL

Reading is fundamental

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Reading is fundamental

Still helpful for when we return next
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Great review of Lambertville for sure, gave me ideas for the next trip down that way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Should I cross post this in PA hometown?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok

I am trying to  redeem my myself.

Doylestown,  Pa.

Have dinner here. They have music and the food is quite good

Chambers 19 Bistro

And or listen to music here at the Sellersville Theater

Sellersville Theater
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Great review of Lambertville for sure, gave me ideas for the next trip down that way.
View Quote
Lambertville and New Hope are totally over rated by Iggy IMHO.

Loads of Liberal Democraps in every sense of the word.

Spend your money elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with Iggy, Doylestown PA is not too far away from New Hope and has a similar vibe but less libtards
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Cape May is always a winner...and the Flag ceremony from memorial day through August and Saturdays in Sept are AWESOME.

Marsha Browns in New Hope is a great steak house.  It's the old church that they renovated on Main Street in New Hope.  (I grew up in Yardley so I know the area pretty well)
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Cape May in the off season
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top