Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2021 12:38:12 AM EDT
So, just what kind of blades and lengths can we conceal in Missouri with a CCW permit?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:23:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So, just what kind of blades and lengths can we conceal in Missouri with a CCW permit?
View Quote

Depends if you're in Kirkwood.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#2]
In Missouri a “knife” has a blade longer than 4 inches.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:45:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks - but I'm still a bit unsure as to the legality of concealing a fixed blade (longer than 4 inches) WITH a concealed carry permit.   I guess it depends on the municipality as there is no state preemption?    What about St. Louis County (and the numerous municipalities therein)?

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#5]
It’s confusing. I take it as nothing fixed can be concealed.

Only a folder under 4 inches is okay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks - but I'm still a bit unsure as to the legality of concealing a fixed blade (longer than 4 inches) WITH a concealed carry permit.   I guess it depends on the municipality as there is no state preemption?    What about St. Louis County (and the numerous municipalities therein)?

View Quote

Avoid kirkwood... well that would be generally, but they think they can call more than 2.5" a knife...

I believe that your ccw allows you to carry a fixed blade zombie killer concealed... it's a concealed weapons permit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Well that is confusing.  I just took a class and now I am a little concerned about what is legal.  Ignorance isn't bliss in this crazy world!  This would really hold true in STL.  
It looks like as a CCW holder, I would be exempt from any such nonsense.  The fixed blade I like is 3.5" and carries and a pocket sheath.  

Does anyone have a better handle on this topic?

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top