Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2020 8:28:40 PM EDT

It's time to get back to work fellas.

What do you all think about another trip to Richmond on July 1st?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hells yeah. Great video.  

But July 1 is a Wednesday.

How about July 4, which is a  Saturday?

What better way to spend it?

Sacrifice the usual beach or grilling or picnics and fireworks, etc and show up in Richmond in full force?

ETA: great video title and graphic
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hells yeah. Great video.  

But July 1 is a Wednesday.

How about July 4, which is a  Saturday?

What better way to spend it?

Sacrifice the usual beach or grilling or picnics and fireworks, etc and show up in Richmond in full force?

ETA: great video title and graphic
View Quote

July 4 is fucking perfect. I know the logistics would be beyond difficult, but imagine a couple hundred Virginians showing up on Capital Square, and on cue each person transfers a stripped PSA VA-15 lower to the person standing next to them?

Maybe PSA can hook us up.

And I am inordinately satisfied with my Karen Northam meme. Lol.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Good video.... it's good to see you back it at.  People get better informed and feed off stuff like this.

You could get a few hundred to show in RVA in little over a month, but what is the objective? Is this giving RVA too much recognition and power?  What if we change gears at least this summer and quit recognizing Northam and go press our city/town balls?

I'm most impressed with your community's BOS and 2A Sanctuary showing.  In the short amount of time until July, what if we focused rallying all those that have grievances with our politicians and a spiteful 2020 GA?  

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:06:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Good message. Shared.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good video.... it's good to see you back it at.  People get better informed and feed off stuff like this.

You could get a few hundred to show in RVA in little over a month, but what is the objective? Is this giving RVA too much recognition and power?  What if we change gears at least this summer and quit recognizing Northam and go press our city/town balls?

I'm most impressed with your community's BOS and 2A Sanctuary showing.  In the short amount of time until July, what if we focused rallying all those that have grievances with our politicians and a spiteful 2020 GA?  

View Quote

Valid points about what we are trying to accomplish. There is a compelling argument to be made about the benefits of dozens of local events vs. one big one in Richmond.

Regardless, I think it is about time to do something. I'm afraid if we wait until the 2021 legislative session when the reintroduce HB961 and their firearms licensing scheme it will be too late.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
We absolutely have to keep everyone engaged - it wasn’t just die hards at Lobby Day, it wasn’t just hardcore activists at every city council and board of supervisors meetings. It was the average gun owner, awakened. Those are the people that voted last week. Those are the people that we have to keep in the fight.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

July 4 is fucking perfect. I know the logistics would be beyond difficult, but imagine a couple hundred Virginians showing up on Capital Square, and on cue each person transfers a stripped PSA VA-15 lower to the person standing next to them?

View Quote

Or better yet everyone trade homemade lowers.

You don't need an FFL to dispose of a firearm when you gain nothing of monetary value from the disposition.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:09:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Valid points about what we are trying to accomplish. There is a compelling argument to be made about the benefits of dozens of local events vs. one big one in Richmond.

Regardless, I think it is about time to do something. I'm afraid if we wait until the 2021 legislative session when the reintroduce HB961 and their firearms licensing scheme it will be too late.
View Quote

Agree we have to keep engaged and actually build up for another ugly January.  The concern I see is far fewer at the State Capital will listen to you (as opposed to locally) they won't be around for Independence Day and the RVA papers will avoid acknowledgment unless they can sabotage the effort.  I'm sure you know there were people ready to make Lobby Day go sideways....they just weren't brave enough for the massive and disciplined display of force. Metropolitan events are definitely a bigger target for activist and role players.

IMO, Our power play right now is getting more mayors, DAs, Sheriff's/PCs pressed on all the unconstitutional pushes and gain non 2A folks alike..etc to notify Richmond they will reject the Bloomberg/Northam agenda.  

ETA.  If you do go to RVA, let us know how we can support in person or otherwise.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You don't need an FFL to dispose of a firearm when you gain nothing of monetary value from the disposition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like it a lot. A little bit of civil disobedience would go a long way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top