Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2021 4:53:32 PM EDT
Does anybody know any place that sells kerosene from a pump instead of gallon jugs or 5 gallon cans?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Check with these guys.

https://www.timmonsoilcompany.com/

Here in OKC , it’s running about $5 per gallon
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check with these guys.

https://www.timmonsoilcompany.com/

Here in OKC , it’s running about $5 per gallon
View Quote

@cnjarvis
Is that in 5 gallon buckets? I just called the one here in Tulsa and they're about $8 a gallon.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The VP Fuel in OKC at I-240 and Sunnylane sells kerosene at the pump. The VP on the northwest corner, not the southwest corner; and yes, there are two VP fuels that close together. The one on the northwest corner used to be Codi Oil aka Clark Oil Distributors. Codi/Clark also used to have a larger fuel farm in Sapulpa, you might do some research and see who took over after they went under. The one here in OKC also sells mineral spirits at the pump, racing fuel, offroad diesel, and some other hard to find fuels.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The VP Fuel in OKC at I-240 and Sunnylane sells kerosene at the pump. The VP on the northwest corner, not the southwest corner; and yes, there are two VP fuels that close together. The one on the northwest corner used to be Codi Oil aka Clark Oil Distributors. Codi/Clark also used to have a larger fuel farm in Sapulpa, you might do some research and see who took over after they went under. The one here in OKC also sells mineral spirits at the pump, racing fuel, offroad diesel, and some other hard to find fuels.
View Quote

@JustinOK34
Do you know how much it is per gallon?If it's cheap enough I'll take a couple of jugs with me next time I go visit
my daughter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@JustinOK34
Do you know how much it is per gallon?If it's cheap enough I'll take a couple of jugs with me next time I go visit
my daughter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@JustinOK34
my daughter.

Ok, I just called and he stopped selling kerosene about 10 months ago.  He doesn't know if someone bought the old fuel location in Sapulpa but like I said if you can find out where the Clark Oil / Codi Oil used to be, maybe swing by there and ask.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok, I just called and he stopped selling kerosene about 10 months ago.  He doesn't know if someone bought the old fuel location in Sapulpa but like I said if you can find out where the Clark Oil / Codi Oil used to be, maybe swing by there and ask.
View Quote

According to google it's permanently closed down and the phone number listed is no longer in service.
Looks like he's in prison for defrauding the government.I'll have to try and stop by there the next time I go
to OKC.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine at Penley Oil on Reno for the price I quoted, in my own container. If you don’t have a container, the 5gal. Buckets at tractor supply are about $40 IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Frost oil and Liberty transport deliver kerosene here but I don’t know if they have a location to sell it at the pump. I know they ship drums or used to a few years ago. Have you tried to locate a 25 gallon drum? Their Poteau location became a Casey’s store. Looks like they still have a Tulsa location.

(479) 410-2585
There’s their number. https://www.libertytransportllc.com/
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got mine at Penley Oil on Reno for the price I quoted, in my own container. If you don’t have a container, the 5gal. Buckets at tractor supply are about $40 IIRC.
View Quote

Ok I know about where they're at,they're near the cat dealer ship.Next time I'm in OKC I'll stop by there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#10]
They’re just east of May Ave. on Reno. The Cat dealer is a couple? Of miles west.

Penley Oil
2627 W Reno Ave
Oklahoma City, OK  73107
United States
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
We use jet fuel in our kerosene heaters.  Most of the small airports will sell it to you with out much hassle.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
We use jet fuel in our kerosene heaters.  Most of the small airports will sell it to you with out much hassle.
View Quote

Are they the force air type heater or the wick type w/no air and would jet fuel work in the wick type heters?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Forced air.  Never used it in a wick type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top