Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2022 1:58:44 AM EDT
Shoot with Candidate for Kenosha Sheriff, A. Brian Gonzales. This is a great opportunity to meet Brian and have fun. Every shooter will qualify for prizes. First prize, a one year range pass to The Outdoorsman. Second prize, 6 months range pass. Third prize, one month range pass. Ammunition is not included in the donation and can be purchased at the Outdoorsman

More info HERE

Sunday April 24th, 2022
3pm
The Outdoorsman
(847) 746-1331
221 Sheridan Rd
Winthrop Harbor, IL 60096

Disclosure: The Outdoorsman is Gonzales' family gun shop.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this just strikes me odd that they would have shooting meet up in Illinois for a Wisconsin sheriff.
View Quote

Reason enough for me to not vote for him (if I lived in that area)...lol...
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
this just strikes me odd that they would have shooting meet up in Illinois for a Wisconsin sheriff.
View Quote

It’s the family gun shop.  

But while I get it, I don’t know how effective of a fundraiser it’ll be.  Also, while it probably isn’t illegal, I wonder how campaign finance rules work when you’re running in state x but have a fundraiser in state y..?
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
As an FYI
The outdoorsman is less than a half mile from the state line.
Great LGS
They also move safes, stair dolly too.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As an FYI
The outdoorsman is less than a half mile from the state line.
Great LGS
They also move safes, stair dolly too.
View Quote

There's a line in the sand, and they're on the wrong side.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#7]
FYI.  The Outdoorsman also holds a WI FFL.   Their shooting range is in Winthrop Harbor.  GOOD people!
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh…. Illinois without a doubt is a communist state.
That line in the sand is more like red flags at the border.
I’m a mile from it and wouldn’t have any need to ever step foot there again…. Except for that pesky gubment paycheck.
I will take their money
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Can you legally have a handgun in your possession in IL with out a FOID card or a IL CCW permit?
I would not trust IL to let something like this happen.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm going to ask what nobody else has. CLEO signoff's for NFA are no longer required under Federal Law but Wisconsin still requires a CLEO authorization letter in order to possess a machine gun. Would he provide this letter to anyone who otherwise is legally allowed to possess a firearm? Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm going to ask what nobody else has. CLEO signoff's for NFA are no longer required under Federal Law but Wisconsin still requires a CLEO authorization letter in order to possess a machine gun. Would he provide this letter to anyone who otherwise is legally allowed to possess a firearm? Does anyone know?
View Quote

That's the question that really matters right there
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can you legally have a handgun in your possession in IL with out a FOID card or a IL CCW permit?
I would not trust IL to let something like this happen.
View Quote

FOID cards apply to residents only. They are not issued to non-residents, and non-residents do not need one.

And it depends on what you mean by 'possession'.

Can you carry openly or concealed without an IL CCW? No, except for "car carry". Car carry means if you have a ccw license from another state, you can legally carry a loaded and uncased handgun in the passenger compartment of your vehicle, or on your person while in the vehicle. But you cannot exit the vehicle with it loaded and uncased. If you exit the vehicle but leave  the handgun inside, it must be unloaded and locked up.

Can you have an unloaded and encased firearm in IL if you do not have a CCW license from any jurisdiction? Yes you can. But what is legal here isn't necessarily legal there. Some jurisdictions (mainly in or adjacent to Crook County) have bans on certain size magazines, laser sights, "assault" weapons... and suppressors are a no-no statewide afaik.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's the question that really matters right there
View Quote

I will ask him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top