Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2021 9:04:11 PM EDT
I know a week ago, Kemp announced an easing of COVID restrictions effective April 8th (tomorrow Thursday).  But this article says he announced today that he's lifting all of it effective Thursday.

Am I following this correctly?  

LINKY

eta.  I think it's over.  Found this Youtube
Georgia is Open for Business

eta.  This is hella-good news.  I'm orchestrating an event Monday morning that will be incredibly easier without having to comply with CDC guidelines.  So I'm hoping this will apply to us.  

eta.  Nevermind.  Between the article's misleading headline, exaggerated reporting, and my wishful thinking; I got excited for nothing.

Carry on.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, seems like the big one is large group gatherings.

Personally, I haven't worn a mask anywhere in 2 months.

Went with the family to Helen yesterday and I'd say maybe ~25% of people were wearing a mask on the street. Almost no one waiting at a restaurant or in Unicoi was wearing one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I wasnt aware there were any covid restrictions.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I was in Brookhaven yesterday meeting with a client who just purchased a new home in the $1.4M range.

He pulls up in a Tesla (Which I'm liking more and more) and steps out with his poodle. He's wearing skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and hemp sandals. He has a mask on that says VOTE and one of the clear plastic shields like you see in a chemistry lab. He promptly walks his dog over to the neighbor's yard where it takes a shit and then he walks back without picking up the dogshit.

Long hair with glasses and walks like a fag.

I greet him with no mask and my ugly mug.

During our conversation, I ask where he's from. He says California. He then goes on to say his wife's company has moved their headquarters to Atlanta. I asked what he did for a living and he said political activist. He then went on to say how HAPPY he was for the state of Georgia and the election of our new Democratic Senators. I thought about pushing his fag ass down the steps but didn't.

His last comment was how shocked he was that a lot of people were not wearing mask like in California. I said "Well, unlike the Communist in California, we still have some common sense here."

I know I should not make statements like that...especially to new clients...but fuck them and all the Commie's moving to Georgia. Inside the perimeter is now 100% enemy territory.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
You should have pushed him/they/them/xi down the steps. I would have testified to your exemplary character at trial.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in Brookhaven yesterday meeting with a client who just purchased a new home in the $1.4M range.

He pulls up in a Tesla (Which I'm liking more and more) and steps out with his poodle. He's wearing skinny jeans, a t-shirt, and hemp sandals. He has a mask on that says VOTE and one of the clear plastic shields like you see in a chemistry lab. He promptly walks his dog over to the neighbor's yard where it takes a shit and then he walks back without picking up the dogshit.

During our conversation, I ask where he's from. He says California. He then goes on to say his wife's company has moved their headquarters to Atlanta. I asked what he did for a living and he said political activist. He then went on to say how HAPPY he was for the state of Georgia and the election of our new Democratic Senators. I thought about pushing his fag ass down the steps but didn't.

His last comment was how shocked he was that a lot of people were not wearing mask like in California. I said "Well, unlike the Communist in California, we still have some common sense here."

I know I should not make statements like that...especially to new clients...but fuck them and all the Commie's moving to Georgia. Inside the perimeter is now 100% enemy territory.
View Quote

I live in Brookhaven. That sounds about right.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:48:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I wasnt aware there were any covid restrictions.
View Quote

We had large group gathering bans and the 6 foot rule.

Both of which were ended by Kemp's order today. At this point, you don't HAVE to do anything . . . I'd be interested to see if the hold-out private businesses are going to require masks still.

The only place I've been in that said something was Harbor Freight like a month ago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is he still your client?

View Quote

Is he/she/it/xe/they still your client?

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Brookhaven resident checking in.  Honestly, after living in various cities in metro Atlanta my entire life I have enjoyed Brookhaven the most, but 90% of that is proximity to the office.  

With that said, I’m definitely in the minority here on political views.  I’ve come to accept it, but do your best in running the commies off!
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he still your client?

Yes, he's still a client but I will never see him again. I normally only meet with client's who have very complicated needs or large commercial customers that require significant design work. The sales guy for that builder was on vacation this week so I'm covering him. I turned over the job notes and sales and operations can take it from here.

Guys, I have to be honest. I'm sad. I grew up in Sugar Hill. A small town where everyone knew everyone. You could eat breakfast next to Sugar Hill's mayor at the Sugar Hill Drive Inn before school. He was only mayor part time. The rest of the time he was the town mechanic and a volunteer fireman.

I was in Atlanta this week and met a customer from Illinois who had moved here with his job. Specifically from Chicago. He said that I was the first Georgian he had met and that I talked funny with my southern accent. I got the impression he felt superior to me the way he said it.

Just a different world now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:02:37 AM EDT
[#11]
You're just finding out that northerners think they're superior to southerners? Seriously?

In other parts of the US, the southern drawl and expressions like "fixin' to" and "y'all" are seen as a joke and part of a negative "ignorant redneck" stereotype.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You're just finding out that northerners think they're superior to southerners? Seriously?

In other parts of the US, the southern drawl and expressions like "fixin' to" and "y'all" are seen as a joke and part of a negative "ignorant redneck" stereotype.
View Quote

No, I'm not ignorant at all to northerner's misguided feelings about southern red necks. Frankly, I could care less. I'm more sad that the state has evolved to this level of Commies infiltrating our state and changing the very dynamics of southern culture.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a cancer, that is exactly what these commie fucks are. They take over and consume the host (Georgia) until this state is ruined and then they will move on elsewhere. TN won't be too far behind us, they are moving there in droves as well. There will not be a peaceful resolution to this.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He said that I was the first Georgian he had met and that I talked funny with my southern accent. I got the impression he felt superior to me the way he said it.

View Quote

I had a friend who is now gone.  He was as Southern as they come.  He used to say, "Did you know that Jimmy Carter was the only president in US history that didn't speak with an accent?"  
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's a cancer, that is exactly what these commie fucks are. They take over and consume the host (Georgia) until this state is ruined and then they will move on elsewhere. TN won't be too far behind us, they are moving there in droves as well. There will not be a peaceful resolution to this.
View Quote

Because like GA, TN keeps inviting them. They've had that "Retire Tennessee" program marketing the state to them for over 15 years now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, he's still a client but I will never see him again. I normally only meet with client's who have very complicated needs or large commercial customers that require significant design work. The sales guy for that builder was on vacation this week so I'm covering him. I turned over the job notes and sales and operations can take it from here.

Guys, I have to be honest. I'm sad. I grew up in Sugar Hill. A small town where everyone knew everyone. You could eat breakfast next to Sugar Hill's mayor at the Sugar Hill Drive Inn before school. He was only mayor part time. The rest of the time he was the town mechanic and a volunteer fireman.

I was in Atlanta this week and met a customer from Illinois who had moved here with his job. Specifically from Chicago. He said that I was the first Georgian he had met and that I talked funny with my southern accent. I got the impression he felt superior to me the way he said it.

View Quote
Sugar Hill Drive In had THE best cheeseburgers  I've ever eaten.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, you remember the Sugar Hill Drive Inn? Damn your old. Are you from around there?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm a "Lewis and Clarkian" (WA) transplant. Even after 25 years of coming back forth to GA, I still use my wife (FL Panhandle/LA) as an interpreter  She was laughing her ass off when her cousin (AL) called and want to talk to me instead of her.  He wanted to get my opinion on a "RAFFLE"...I couldn't process the language and dialect and my wife busted out laughing saying he wanted an opinion on a "RIFLE".

Much like being an advisor in Afghanistan where my interpreter leaves to take a call.  I could kind of understand our conversation with a few key words and body language

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#19]
What model and caliber raffle was it?  
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I never paid much attention to them.
View Quote

#metoo..... Just to be clear, Free Men don't ask permission.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:43:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dude, you remember the Sugar Hill Drive Inn? Damn your old. Are you from around there?
View Quote

Spent my summers between Buford and Alpharetta growing up, and yes I'm old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top