Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2018 4:35:54 PM EDT
Anyone else getting these annoying phone calls? I haven't listed it or anything...
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ten months after buying this place I just finally now stopped getting refi letters from obscure lenders. No sales solicitations yet though.

I get at least 1-2 spam calls that my phone thankfully has been doing a good job of blocking lately.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm still getting refi letters after 3 years!
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to stop answering calls on my work mobile phone if the number wasn't already in my address book.  I keep getting the "Interest rates are at historic lows!" shit.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, two different peddler recordings.
Block call is a wonderful thing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I just finished a REFI. the moment my lender did the credit check, I started getting letters and emails out the a $$.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep getting these calls. I told them I'm not interested in selling my house. They told me, what if we offered $10Million? I replied "You won't". And she insisted that obviously everyone has a price. But I understand basic economics.

The only way I'd be happy selling my house, is if I could upgrade to something substantially nicer, without taking on more debt...and that is EXTREMELY unlikely. I mean, if they offered me $200,000 for my house, *MAYBE* I'd consider it. But something about their insistence, and just their overall methods sound "Scammy" to me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Most agents aren't going to waste their time cold calling like that anymore. They are likely investment groups or lenders trying to follow up with 1-5 year old tax records + county recorder info.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most agents aren't going to waste their time cold calling like that anymore. They are likely investment groups or lenders trying to follow up with 1-5 year old tax records + county recorder info.
View Quote
So these are people looking to buy rental units?
Am I right in trusting my instincts and not even giving them a chance to give me an offer? Or are these people just trying to scam me?

I'm *MOSTLY* happy with my house. I would only sell it if I could upgrade to something/somewhere nicer.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#11]
If the numbers work out.. Why not? The cost to list your house through an agent will be about 7-8% when all is said and done. If you work your numbers back, they'll still lowball you but they'll be close. The other benefit is you don't need to fix anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven't received any of these types of calls in years but in the last few weeks it's almost one a day. thankfully (knock on wood) I have ent received a call this week yet.

Edit:
Never mind got 3 calls in 1 day on Saturday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top