Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2018 11:05:26 AM EDT

...as if we ain't got enough pests to worry about. here's one they found in VA, "migrated" from NJ! wtf? (guess even the lowly ticks can't stand the Libtards in NJ! )

East ASIAN Tick, also answers to "longhorn tick" handle:

Watch For a New Tick

I got me a proposal for all these "Global Trade" folks--everyone of these pest the USA gets--the "Home Country" of their origin winds up paying for us their $$$ to eradicate 'em. I'm sure the Chinaman has plenty of our dollars.

Tired I am of these damn invaders--now we got ILLEGAL BUGS! Tearing up my trees and forest! Already killed my ash trees and even my hemlocks stands off:

"...Mr. Trump, R U listening?..."
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn.  They were only found in NJ last summer.  These fuckers are spreading faster than stink bugs.
https://www.countryliving.com/life/a20051995/east-asia-tick-found-in-new-jersey/
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that link, Bubbles!

But this species of ticks is associated with several diseases that affect humans in the Eastern hemisphere, including the virus that causes Severe Fever with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (SFTS) in China and Rickettsia japonica, which causes Japanese spotted fever.
View Quote
...with multiple organ failures...GREAT!

If the professional bug people are stumped as to how these SOBs got here, methinks there's foul play here...
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Confirmed now in Washington County, MD so not far from the eastern panhandle.

http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2018/08/07/first-confirmed-longhorned-tick-found-in-maryland/
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:13:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I need some 100%  DEET  haha
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:15:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Ugh, we've been invaded!  Tick confirmed in Tyler, Taylor, Ritchie Hardy, Putnam, and Lincoln counties.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/putnam_county/longhorned-tick-confirmed-in-putnam-lincoln-counties/article_5734d3b8-1c98-58c2-a6e2-9a3d407ab7d3.html
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm just glad there are no ticks up here where I live and the places I go hiking.......yet....

Hope it stays that way.  All the hundreds if not thousands of miles I have hiked and backpacked in the woods I have never seen one yet.  Guess it's the cold in winter that keeps them at bay.  All the lower counties around me have plenty for sure...

Randolph, Pocahontas, and tucker, I have yet to ever see a tick.
View Quote
There are plenty of ticks in Pocahontas Co.,you've just been lucky.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top