Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2020 11:33:36 PM EDT
My 20th anniversary is coming up in June and I’m considering visiting with the family.  Visited Kauai on our honeymoon and loved it but from what I remember some of the best places to visit required long/steep hikes and not sure my girls (ages 16 and 11) will like that as much as I did so I’m considering the Big Island instead. Are the beaches more accessible there?  Have tried looking up what to do and I think they’d enjoy one of the coffee tours and I’d like to visit a volcano but what other activities do you guys suggest?  With all the Covid regulations is it worth a visit or should I plan something elsewhere.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Volcano national park.  Top of Mauna Kea.  Waipeo valley.  Botanical garden near Hilo.  Great beaches between Waikoloa and the Mauna kea resort.  Chopper tours.  The drive from Kawaihae to Hawi to Waimea.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Volcano national park.  Top of Mauna Kea.  Waipeo valley.  Botanical garden near Hilo.  Great beaches between Waikoloa and the Mauna kea resort.  Chopper tours.  The drive from Kawaihae to Hawi to Waimea.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Big island is where I was leaning towards visiting. I’ll be using a timeshare my grandfather gave me so I’m limited to resorts to use. Any insight into these places and which may be the best?

Club Wyndham Kona Hawaii

Club Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff

Kona Coast resort

Club Wyndham Mauna Loa Village

Holua Resort at the MaUna Lao Village
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigSouthFork:

Thanks for the info. Big island is where I was leaning towards visiting. I’ll be using a timeshare my grandfather gave me so I’m limited to resorts to use. Any insight into these places and which may be the best?

Club Wyndham Kona Hawaii

Club Wyndham Royal Sea Cliff

Kona Coast resort

Club Wyndham Mauna Loa Village

Holua Resort at the MaUna Lao Village
View Quote

I don't have any experience with those, sorry.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:45:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#4]
Originally Posted By BigSouthFork:
My 20th anniversary is coming up in June and I’m considering visiting with the family.  Visited Kauai on our honeymoon and loved it but from what I remember some of the best places to visit required long/steep hikes and not sure my girls (ages 16 and 11) will like that as much as I did so I’m considering the Big Island instead. Are the beaches more accessible there?  Have tried looking up what to do and I think they’d enjoy one of the coffee tours and I’d like to visit a volcano but what other activities do you guys suggest?  With all the Covid regulations is it worth a visit or should I plan something elsewhere.
View Quote

Actually doing a trip around the same time and going for Maui, my understanding is Kauai still has a 10 day  Quarantine regardless of Covid test or vaccine. That said I could be wrong but that’s what the travel agency said
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:02:20 AM EDT
[#5]
https://travel.hawaii.gov/#/
Kauai is supposed to join the rest of the state next month in letting tourist with a negative test uploaded to the state website

The Kauai mayor has been the hardcore about keeping tourist out,  but like our Dear Leader the idiot Governor realize that our economy is driven by tourism and they can’t keep us shutdown any longer

Before you come, follow the safe travel instructions, make sure you have a negative COVID test uploaded to the safe travel website before you board the plane or you may be quarantined for 10 days regardless if your negative test come back after you arrive.  Also make sure you get tested by a authorized lab and they administer the right test. Several airline are offering the COVID test that are approved by the state, United, Alaska and Hawaiian airlines come to mind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top