Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2020 8:50:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: William_lxix]
Hello,

EDITED -

I finally am moving the family to KAUAI.

ALOHA.

Will
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Sell them before you leave Utah. Easier that way. Registration will be a pita especially with the lockdown continuing. They MAY ease up some but probably not much. The island I’m on is requiring appointments for registering firearms.

I would think Kauai has a smaller market due to the population size and lack of shooting facilities so you might not be able to get the price you want. You could find a dealer on Kauai who may sell them on consignment for you.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#2]
+10 rd mags are ok for rifles but not pistols.  AR 10rd+ mags are legal

SBRs are not legal, don't bring them.

Good luck finding a place to shoot on Kauai nless you plan to hunt.  Honestly, leave them on the mainland until you rotate back
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
For Q1, you can do person to person sales on Kauai.  However You'll have to register them with the PD first, buyer needs to get a permit, then you have to notify the PD for any long guns sold.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sgtlmj] [#4]
No public rifle/pistol ranges on Kauai. There's a private club operated by the folks who run the gun shop in Lihue, but last I knew it wasn't like a regular range. You could only shoot during a class and couldn't go out on your own even if they let you join. Good folks in that club, but they are at the mercy of Kauai's draconian rules. You even need a permit to buy pepper spray there.

If you want to hunt, bring a bow with you. Lots more zones open to archery hunting. They just opened up weekdays to hunting as long as the COVID lock down is going on. It was just weekends before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top