Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2018 1:37:38 PM EDT
How do y'all feel about her? Seems she's pretty far left; I think ANY Republican would have been preferable to her.
Is there any chance she'll be passing crap laws with a Republican legislature? Or is she gonna bide her time while she "influences" the next election cycle, getting more leftists into the legislature?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I honestly don't know other than I am not happy to have anyone on the left in any position of power in a state that I live in.  If she get's too crazy, I might move to MO since they still have their shit together.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Kathleen Sebelius 2.0

Sebelius was Governor when I lived in Kansas.  Bitch.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty crazy, Kathleen signed the law to allow Kansans to have Machine guns and suppressors. Also is the reason I don't have a nickel in savings.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I've only heard her talk about repealing campus carry and raising age to purchase to 21. Both of which I hope do not happen

There hasn't been a single issue with campus carry, and in the time it's been in place, crime has been reduced from previous years. Coincidence? Idk, but there's zero reason to alter it.

As for 21, that's BS. My local ammo supply store, aka Walmart, raised their age to 21. It's a pain in the ass. My oldest son, soon to be 21, works at a lumber yard not far from Walmart, so if we needed ammo for shooting, he was able to stop by and get it, but not anymore...

I wish Jeff colyer had made the ballet for the Republican candidate... He'd probably have won, was very pro 2A, he was the interim governor.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
She's sounding like Joan Finney 2.0 to me.

I have a funny little Joan Finney story if anyone wants to hear it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Tell it!
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for the delay.

Well, when I was transferred out here in 1988, kicking and screaming, it was not my intention to stay, so I didn't pay any attention to state or local politics because I figured I'd be gone before too long.  So I had no idea who Joan Finney was when I encountered the woman during her run for governor.

I was eating lunch with a co-worker when we noticed this grandmotherly looking woman working the room, passing out brochures and whatnot so I asked my buddy, who's that, somebody's grandmother running for alderman or councilman or whatever it is you people have out here?  He knew who it was but wouldn't tell me; that's just the way he was about anything he knew that you didn't.  I'd learned his operating procedure by then and it pissed me off, to be frank about it, and I thought, I'll break your ass from playing this game right quick.

So Grandma finally gets to our table and says Hello, I'm Joan Finney and I'm running for governor in the primary and who are you gentlemen and where do you work?  So my buddy identifies himself and said he worked at Company X and she nodded like she recognized the place and said oh yes, and repeated the company name, and I'm thinking jeeze lady, could you just be a little less phony about it?

And she turns to me and says how about you, sir? and in my best South Texas accent I said no ma'am, I'm not in bidniz heah in town.  Oh, she said, what is it you do and swear to God, it popped out before I could even think about it, I said I was the local representative of the John Birch Society.  My buddy pert neart to swallered his dentures.

And so did Ms Finney.  Her lower jaw bounced off the floor and she literally sucked in a double lung-full of air, grabbed her chest and took three giant steps backward.  I thought I'd given Grandma a heart attack, so I said, oh no ma'am, come on back, I'm just kidding and I work with this gentleman here and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.  She exhaled loudly and walked back over and I asked her, what political party did she espouse?  Oh, she said, I espouse the Democrat political party, like a parrot, and I told her I'd be real sure to keep that in mind and she thanked us and fled at warp speed.

My buddy was schitting bricks and all pissed off and asked how come I did that and I told him, next dang time you'll answer me when I ask you a question, won't you?  And it did break him from playing that little game.

So I said to my buddy, if a bullshit artist from South Texas can nail her that quick, what does she think's gonna happen to her if she gets to Topeka and my buddy says well, she's already been the insurance commissioner for about twenty years and I said a few things that really shouldn't be repeated in public; a little NSFW or around small children; that kinda thing.

And of course lo and behold, she won and did become governor and I kept thinking KBI was probably gonna come look me up but they never did, at least as far as I know........

That's it; show's over.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
So how long you been in Kansas?

I like it here, but always wanted too e to mountains of Colorado, it's unfortunate what's becoming of that state. Still a great place to visit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I been here thirty years.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty crazy, Kathleen signed the law to allow Kansans to have Machine guns and suppressors. Also is the reason I don't have a nickel in savings.
View Quote
I don't believe she signed it. She just let it slide on her way out the door. She had bigger fish to fry and Kansas was already a distant memory for her.

There was also some coal thing going on she was putting more energy into.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
On April 21, 2008, Sebelius signed Senate Bill 46 into law, which repealed a 1933 state law prohibiting civilian ownership of machine guns and other firearms restricted by the National Firearms Act of 1934, specifically permitting ownership by civilians successfully meeting the requirements of the NFA. The law was passed in part to address legal issues that could have prevented dealers from delivering firearms to law enforcement agencies in Kansas. The law took effect on July 1, 2008.[110]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top