Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 1:46:26 PM EDT
I have a buttload of AR parts, a little Glock and 1911 stuff as well and misc gear that I need to get rid of. I would like to do one the three shows in March but which will give me the best crowd? I'm going to price stuff to sell and hopefully come back with almost nothing but cash. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a buttload of AR parts, a little Glock and 1911 stuff as well and misc gear that I need to get rid of. I would like to do one the three shows in March but which will give me the best crowd? I'm going to price stuff to sell and hopefully come back with almost nothing but cash. What do you guys think?
View Quote
I would have to say that the Kane show would be the biggest and with most spectators w/ DuPage Wheaton 2nd, and McHenry (Woodstock) 3rd. I haven't been to the Lake county show yet.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup...Kane co
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Of those requested have only been to Kane.   Usually a decent size show and well attended, at least the ones I have been to.

Think I've heard MHenry was small and as for a Lake show...it can't begin to compare to my memories of the "old" Lake show before it was shut down.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Think I've heard MHenry was small and as for a Lake show...it can't begin to compare to my memories of the "old" Lake show before it was shut down.
View Quote
IB,

I agree, the old Lake County show was GREAT!  Too bad the Grayslake council was a bunch of politically correct lemmings.

McHenry is held in a hotel ballroom. Tiny is an understatement, plus with more beanie babies than firearms. Not worth the drive or effort.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Kane is the largest but the number of dealers and public is less than it used to be a few years ago.  I've done well at Mchenry and Wheaton recently.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IB,

I agree, the old Lake County show was GREAT!  Too bad the Grayslake council was a bunch of politically correct lemmings.

McHenry is held in a hotel ballroom. Tiny is an understatement, plus with more beanie babies than firearms. Not worth the drive or effort.
View Quote
Ah yes, the good ole' days, the Grayslake show was awesome. When did they shut that down, in the 90s?

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ah yes, the good ole' days, the Grayslake show was awesome. When did they shut that down, in the 90s?

Dave W.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IB,

Dave W.
Yes, the LC gun show was awesome! I had a lot of fun going there with my friends.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would have to say that the Kane show would be the biggest and with most spectators w/ DuPage Wheaton 2nd, and McHenry (Woodstock) 3rd. I haven't been to the Lake county show yet.

Dave W.
View Quote
FYI, rumor is that DuPage  show is now prohibiting bump stocks and AR15 platforms...not sure about other AR accessories.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

FYI, rumor is that DuPage  show is now prohibiting bump stocks and AR15 platforms...not sure about other AR accessories.
View Quote
Do you want to kill off your own gun show? Because this is how you do it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#11]
yes I read an article this am about this

something between fairgrounds and PVSC, but I cant find it again, no ARs or bmp stocks

the press and protesters are sposed to be there

I'm going for the entertainment and maybe I ll buy another AR
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#12]
PVSA is off their nut
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I cant remember the last time I saw their raffle prize an AR15.   Mostly handguns as I recall.

As for newly prohibited items, this was posted

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67982

Assumed it was a notice sent to members or dealers.   Some are following up for confirmation.

..."With the recent tragedies in our world the Fair Association and the PVSA have had discussions on the types of items that are available at the show. Bump stocks and any devices that modify guns to automatic are Not Allowed. The PVSA has agreed that there will be no raffle, and no sales of AR-15 assault style firearms at the show.

Both the DuPage County Fair Association and Pioneer Valley Sportsman's Association support common sense gun Laws that keep those that may harm someone from owning or accessing a firearm."...
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 12:46:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I cant remember the last time I saw their raffle prize an AR15.   Mostly handguns as I recall.

As for newly prohibited items, this was posted

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67982&hl=dupage

Assumed it was a notice sent to members or dealers.   Some are following up for confirmation.

..."With the recent tragedies in our world the Fair Association and the PVSA have had discussions on the types of items that are available at the show. Bump stocks and any devices that modify guns to automatic are Not Allowed. The PVSA has agreed that there will be no raffle, and no sales of AR-15 assault style firearms at the show.

Both the DuPage County Fair Association and Pioneer Valley Sportsman's Association support common sense gun Laws that keep those that may harm someone from owning or accessing a firearm."...
View Quote
If the part in Red is correct. I'll pass on that show for good.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#15]
well that mostley sucks  I have a nib Alaskan ruger I wanted to use as trades bait/sell for an ar
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Contact Mike at pvsa for more info  630.365.2808
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Has anyone been to the Gun and Sportsmans show in Antioch at the VFW there?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone hear if Kane is doing the same? Sounds like the death of IL gun shows. I mean who goes there to buy the beef jerky?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone hear if Kane is doing the same? Sounds like the death of IL gun shows. I mean who goes there to buy the beef jerky?
View Quote
It might be this was pressure applied by the (private) Fairground board and with the planned protests PVSA felt they had no options.  Kane is also private iirc, but havent heard of them doing anything like this.  Dont know how their board leans.

Also for a while now Ive heard of DuPage wanting to get rid of fairground propety and use it for housing development.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top