Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2020 9:15:16 PM EDT
In the midst of all this chaos things worked out with work and I'm about to change my state affiliation back to KY again.    

Does anyone know if the borders are "open" for someone moving back?  I know that Florida was locked down for awhile and I just want to make sure I can actually get through with no problems.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sadly, I don't think so, as Handy Andy decided to block off interstate travel last week, according to the news. WKYT
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I doubt you'll be stopped at the border. I work with several people that live in Indiana and there's a VERY easily monitored 2 lane bridge from Madison, Indiana to Milton, Ky. No papers, no checkpoints, no worries there as far as crossing on a State highway from Indiana to Kentucky. I seriously doubt there will be an issue on your route on an interstate into our wonderful state.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve driven to Indiana and back multiple times since both states were supposedly locked down. The borders are not closed and never have been.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve driven to Indiana and back multiple times since both states were supposedly locked down. The borders are not closed and never have been.
View Quote

This^  TN and KY are wide open. In fact, it appears the highways are being patrolled less.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Andy can't shutdown the interstate
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Andy can't shutdown the interstate
View Quote

There are no "closed" borders. Candy Andy has told people that come in they have to quarantine for 2 weeks but it unenforceable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 3:09:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the replies!  I'm headed up next week to try to find a house.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the clarification, gang. I have pretty much given up on listening to what that fucking asshole has to say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top