Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2022 11:07:23 AM EDT
The KCI car show has been canceled.  The location at the Ambassador Building has been sold.  It is also mentioned that due to the growth of the event off-site parking would be required.

Sad!  I always looked forward this each fall.

https://www.flykci.com/newsroom/cruise/
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 3:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't think to mention when I posted this, that there is a historical marker in the parking lot where the show was held.  Bonnie and Clyde were staying at the tourist cabins located there in 1933.  They got into a gunfight with the law but escaped.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't think to mention when I posted this, that there is a historical marker in the parking lot where the show was held.  Bonnie and Clyde were staying at the tourist cabins located there in 1933.  They got into a gunfight with the law but escaped.
View Quote

I think it was their last big gunfight before the ambush. I think at least 2 of the gang were injured from the prior shootout before arriving at the lodge.

I don't think I've seen a vehicle in that lot on a weekend. Shame to not put it to use for the car show. I did notice the logo of whoever had it before was taken down.

Lots of empty parking lots around KCI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top