Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2018 12:27:49 PM EDT
No expiration date, so I figured I'd take while it was warm outside. Hat's off to Jesse at SJS...he made it painless.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
No expiration date
View Quote
What does not expire?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What does not expire?
View Quote
As of now, the completion certificate from the CCL renewal class.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does not expire?
So if we have a CCL card with expiry in, say, 2020, we can take the renewal course, submit the paperwork, and be issued a new CCL with no expiration??
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So if we have a CCL card with expiry in, say, 2020, we can take the renewal course, submit the paperwork, and be issued a new CCL with no expiration??
View Quote
no, not based on what I think you are saying...folks with CCL expiration dates in May, for example, do not have renewal app submission options available yet.   However they can go ahead and take the 3 hr renewal course which has no expiration date on the certificate so they can use it for renewal in the future when their submission period becomes active
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
no, not based on what I think you are saying...folks with CCL expiration dates in May, for example, do not have renewal app submission options available yet.   However they can go ahead and take the 3 hr renewal course which has no expiration date on the certificate so they can use it for renewal in the future when their submission period becomes active
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhhh. Thx for clarifying.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No expiration date, so I figured I'd take while it was warm outside. Hat's off to Jesse at SJS...he made it painless.
View Quote
Thanks, it was a great class.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the cost of the renewal class? It is 8hr, right?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What's the cost of the renewal class? It is 8hr, right?
View Quote
I suppose it could vary and be more at some places but state law requirement is 3 hours.

..."(d) An applicant for renewal of a license shall provide proof of completion of a firearms training course or combination of courses approved by the Department of at least 3 hours."...

Clases I have seen advertised so far have been in $50 to $100 range.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:44:24 AM EDT
[#9]
What did the class consist of? Range time? Topics covered in class?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What did the class consist of? Range time? Topics covered in class?
View Quote
Per admin code

e) A 3 hour licensure renewal course must, at a minimum, cover the following topics:

1) Two hours to cover:
A) any updates to Illinois or federal firearms laws governing concealed carry in Illinois;
B) updates in the Criminal Code Sections listed in Section 1231.10; and
C) appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm; and

2) One hour of instruction to include a live fire qualification with a concealable firearm using a B-27 silhouette target consisting of a minimum of 30 rounds and 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards, 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top