Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2020 5:25:32 PM EDT
Ain't one damn square of toilet paper left for sale in Parma. Two or three rolls of paper towels are still on the shelf.

You can buy cases of cream of celery soup though, as evidenced by the several folks I saw buying it.

These things in conjunction lead me to believe that plumbers are going to be awful damned busy.

Also?

Bi-Mart in Ontario is selling out if guns and ammo according to well placed sources.

I bought a six pack of Corona instead

Epic times, bros.

Link Posted: 3/14/2020 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the comment was full retard - yup, the wife drove around half the day looking for some. there are going to be a lot of trees with less leaves this spring...
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Waremart in Ontario closed due to lack of things to sell.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been to the Ridleys in Middleton in a couple of days, but the wife said it was pretty busy yesterday.  Fortunately we were pretty well stocked on TP before it hit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't been to the Ridleys in Middleton in a couple of days, but the wife said it was pretty busy yesterday.  Fortunately we were pretty well stocked on TP before it hit.
View Quote
over the weekend the entire parking lot was 100% full, like people circling the lot waiting for spots to open.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm heading to Costco in Nampa in the morning, wish me luck.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dibs?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Remember, concealed is concealed
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Remember, concealed is concealed
View Quote
LOL

A couple weeks ago I had to run into the Walmart Neighborhood Market to grab a salad. I quickly hopped out of the car, went to the produce isle and went straight to self checkout.

The lady working the area comes over and smiles at me, says "Your SOB is showing"

Me "???"

Then while she continues to smile pats on her hip were my gun is on mine. My shirt and my sweatshirt had ridden up over the grip.

I just pulled my shirt down and told her thank you and she said "No, thank you!" implying she was happy I was carrying. Idahoans are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it a mad house today?
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 2:11:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I went to the Meridian Winco yesterday after work around 4 and it was a lot less crazy. I even finally got me some hamburger buns (last pack though )!
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 6:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Fred Meyer in Garden City was pretty well stocked this morning.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry completely forgot to update the ID ARFCOM Crew.

I headed out to Costco in Nampa Tuesday morning and got there 15 min before they opened.. fuck no I just kept on driving.

You ever been to a concert or a sporting event where cars were lined up on the street to get in? Yeah you couldn't even get into the parking lot. You could see a line of people wrapped around the building.

I went back around 1pm and it wasn't busy at all, no rice no TP no paper towels but I was able to get almost everything I needed. I got coffee, eggs (limit 1) soap, breath right strips, crackers, tri tip and some other things. The only thing on my list I didn't get were the Cottonelle asswipes and Artichokes.

Everyone was nice but kinda walking around in a daze.. the shelves weren't half as full as they normally are. I spoke to one of the employees and they said it was a total madhouse first thing in the morning. People were wrapped around the building waiting to get in.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sorry completely forgot to update the ID ARFCOM Crew.

I headed out to Costco in Nampa Tuesday morning and got there 15 min before they opened.. fuck no I just kept on driving.

You ever been to a concert or a sporting event where cars were lined up on the street to get in? Yeah you couldn't even get into the parking lot. You could see a line of people wrapped around the building.

I went back around 1pm and it wasn't busy at all, no rice no TP no paper towels but I was able to get almost everything I needed. I got coffee, eggs (limit 1) soap, breath right strips, crackers, tri tip and some other things. The only thing on my list I didn't get were the Cottonelle asswipes and Artichokes.

Everyone was nice but kinda walking around in a daze.. the shelves weren't half as full as they normally are. I spoke to one of the employees and they said it was a total madhouse first thing in the morning. People were wrapped around the building waiting to get in.
View Quote
I drove by Costco yesterday morning around 8am and there was a line around the building. As you know, it opens at 10
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#14]
It's like a live action reenactment of shopping in the soviet union.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Wife's friend went to Costco first thing this morning, waited in line for 2 hours before they opened and it was still packed. She said no rice, beans paper towels eggs etc. but the point of this post is when she was chatting it up with the Costco employees. They said they see the same people every morning waiting in line before they open to hoard the products they just go in stock.

Guess that whole social distancing is lost on them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wife's friend went to Costco first thing this morning, waited in line for 2 hours before they opened and it was still packed. She said no rice, beans paper towels eggs etc. but the point of this post is when she was chatting it up with the Costco employees. They said they see the same people every morning waiting in line before they open to hoard the products they just go in stock.

Guess that whole social distancing is lost on them.
View Quote

Damn, that's some bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#17]
They can make a salad out of the TP and paper towels and use hand sanitizer for the dressing.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:23:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I have enough food to last for a while but was running low on fresh veggies so I hit up the local neighborhood market this morning. Not many people, They had paper towels (I didn't need any) and napkins, I grabbed some. They also had beef, ground beef, ground turkey, chicken, soup and just about everything else I was looking for.

Hopefully people are calming the Eff down and realizing there's enough food.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Just to share my experiences, Costco at about 2:00 was a ghost town. Pallets of bottled water and eggs for days. Even had ground beef in the cooler.
Most of the high demand stuff was limit one which seems to have eased the inventory crunch. Still no TP. No dividers on the checkout belt, no andling of credit cards or checking receipts at the door, that was wei, but I get it.
This was Nampa Costco.
Winco also had very light crowds. Funny thing about the winco shoppers, they love their carbs. Ramen, pasta, cleaned out. Fresh produce, fully stocked. All the bulk foods and spices are cleared out. I think by design. One customer at a time on the belt. Very well run, I was impressed. One sad point I noticed was the only gloves the cashiers had were food service gloves, probably out of the bakery.

If you are in search of produce, try winco.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#20]
There was a line of trucks/trailers waiting to get into the land fill out at Payette on Saturday. I guess we weren't the only ones that decided to clean up the yard
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#21]
The Meridian Winco and the Winco on Fairview/Milwaukee were both well stocked, and both had 12 packs of TP about 30 minutes ago. The wife likes the Winco Brand Cream Soda, Meridian had none, the other one had plenty.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey Joe, those people that are showing up each morning are the ones that are buying the TP and other things Costco is handing out in singles are the same ones going home with it and selling it at 100x the price via online sales. Bastards!
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Did my I guess now weekly Walmart neighborhood market run this morning, wasn't crowded everything but paper products I needed was in stock and that included beef, chicken and turkey. Only thing of note is there were a LOT of people wearing masks, some even wearing safety googles and gloves to go with the masks.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did my I guess now weekly Walmart neighborhood market run this morning, wasn't crowded everything but paper products I needed was in stock and that included beef, chicken and turkey. Only thing of note is there were a LOT of people wearing masks, some even wearing safety googles and gloves to go with the masks.

View Quote

Wife went to Winco yesterday at around 10:30 am. Everything is stocked except for the obvious. Usually traffic.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I had to make a walmart run Saturday. I also noticed the masks and gloves on several people, didn't see any goggles though. I needed razors and hair clippers. I now look like a well shaved cancer recovery
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had to make a walmart run Saturday. I also noticed the masks and gloves on several people, didn't see any goggles though. I needed razors and hair clippers. I now look like a well shaved cancer recovery
View Quote

I hear ya, I shaved my head for the first time in 8 or 9 years; its needs some sun!  We made a Freddies run Sunday morning at 0900 and it was like there was never a run on anything!  Everything is stocked, including TP, disinfecting wipes, flour and yeast.  It was amazing!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 8:25:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I hear ya, I shaved my head for the first time in 8 or 9 years; its needs some sun!  We made a Freddies run Sunday morning at 0900 and it was like there was never a run on anything!  Everything is stocked, including TP, disinfecting wipes, flour and yeast.  It was amazing!
View Quote

That kind of attitude certainly won't help create panic.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Mrs. Soylent saw this on the news day or two ago.

https://www.facebook.com/sunrisegrocry/photos/toilet-paper-back-in-stock%EF%B8%8F%EF%B8%8F%EF%B8%8Flimiting-40-orders-a-day-so-hurry-and-place-your-or/115503383422466/

In case the link is fucked

https://www.facebook.com/sunrisegrocry/photos/toilet-paper-back-in-stock%EF%B8%8F%EF%B8%8F%EF%B8%8Flimiting-40-orders-a-day-so-hurry-and-place-your-or/115503383422466/

You don't need fb to view it.

Sunrise Cafe has turned 2 locations into grocery markets. You can email or call in an order of what they have on hand or special order stuff.

I was impressed by the quick thinking. I believe we ate breakfast at the one in Caldwell once or twice. That's the only connection I have with them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#31]
State @ Glenwood Albertson's didn't have a single role of TP.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#32]

I know, I know, pics or it didn’t happen!
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Here’s a live action report as we travel across country back to Idaho:

Gas is plentiful:  $1.41-161 gallon.
Traffic looks like it’s down by 1/2-2/3’s everywhere.
Hotel rooms are cheap and easy to find. No one serving breakfast. It’s grab a bag breakfast and eat in your room.
All gyms and hotel pools closed.
All stores everywhere (NC, TN, KY, MO-so far) are out of TP.
We found yeast in NC but no where else. Flour is gone and depending on where you are dairy, eggs and all frozen foods also gone. Meats are limited.
Walmart (and others) are limiting #’s of people in stores
and it looks like we’ve become North Korea over night. Canned goods gone. It’s the first of the month though.
All restaurants are open but you have to call in off limited menus and take out-or drive through. We had a Cracker Barrel tailgate lunch yesterday.
I would say business is down more than 90% across the board.
No one has stopped us at borders and asked for papers-in fact LEO presence is almost nil.
Trucker traffic was heavy yesterday (Sunday).
The people that are out and paying attention seem “nervous”. We see two attitudes;  full on mask and sanitizer or life as usual.
Lots of lines and marks on the ground everywhere reminding you to keep your distance.

Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I wonder how long everyone is going to continue to hoard TP. I mean...these people have to get suffocated on the stuff eventually, right?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wonder how long everyone is going to continue to hoard TP. I mean...these people have to get suffocated on the stuff eventually, right?
View Quote

You out?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You out?
View Quote

No. I've got a little less than 16 rolls in inventory. I normally buy the big bulk packs. I could probably spare a couple for someone if they are out and can't find more.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a small inventory of stuff I bought for people in need.  Typically, some of the older folks near me, but am willing to help out a fellow ARFCommer who is in real need.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a small inventory of stuff I bought for people in need.  Typically, some of the older folks near me, but am willing to help out a fellow ARFCommer who is in real need.
View Quote

That's not me. Well, not yet, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sadly this. Just like the scene in the movie Moscow on the Hudson.

This TP madness is retarded. I have probably enough to last another 2 months(I happened to buy a bulk pack right before the panic). Then what? I'm sure I'm not the only one. This can't go on forever like this with regard to TP.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Supposedly the Nampa Costco had a large amount yesterday morning (per Nextdoor).  I found some on Costco.com, so I didn't have to drive over there.  Ridleys had papertowels last night.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Back in the day, nobody could figure out who kept buying up all the available .22LR.  That shortage lasted a long time.  Maybe TP is the new .22LR?  And there are a lot more people in search of TP than .22LR.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#42]
The TP thing sort if evolved from slightly understandable to hysteria, and is now way into just stupid.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The TP thing sort if evolved from slightly understandable to hysteria, and is now way into just stupid.
View Quote

I think it's the self fulfilling prophecy. Back in January people in GD were saying there was going to be a big TP shortage so I head out to Costco one day in Feb and see some dude with a giant cart full of rice, paper towels TP. I thought damn I better get some TP so the next few times I went to Costco I grabbed an extra pack.

I think everyone saw everyone buying it and started buying more than they needed. No idea why people back in January were saying there would be a shortage.. has it ever happened before in other countries?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I think it's the self fulfilling prophecy. Back in January people in GD were saying there was going to be a big TP shortage so I head out to Costco one day in Feb and see some dude with a giant cart full of rice, paper towels TP. I thought damn I better get some TP so the next few times I went to Costco I grabbed an extra pack.

I think everyone saw everyone buying it and started buying more than they needed. No idea why people back in January were saying there would be a shortage.. has it ever happened before in other countries?
View Quote

It's happening in other countries as we speak according to a thread in GD. So there's that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ain't it the truth? Who would have imagined bare grocery store shelves 6 weeks ago?

Shades of Venezuela, no?

WAIT...IS THAT ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL ON THOSE SHELVES!!??  
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#46]
I usually hit the Wal Mart on Ten Mile / McMillan, and the WM super center on Fairview / Eagle on Friday or Saturday when the doors open at 0700.  They generally have brand-name bath tissue in stock when the doors open like Charmin and Angle Soft.  Not for long of course, but then again, early bird gets the worm.  

Paper towels are really hit or miss.  Mostly Sparkle brand or some generic if any, with Downey being rare.

56 oz Softsoap refills bottles are really hard to find.  Target on Eagle and Chinden had some yesterday, so I picked one up even though it's not the scent I usually buy.  Small bottles of liquid hand soap (Dial mostly) are usually down to less than half a dozen and that's it-even when the store opens.

Baby wipes and facial tissue are a scarce commodity too.  I'm about done with this nonsense.  Thank God my employer lets me show up to work or I'd lose my fucking mind.    

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Purdum's produce out by Fruitland is listed on their business hours as opening this coming Thursday. I'm not sure there's going to be much selection right now but we're going to check it out next weekend. Open air/pole barn, not standing around buying veggies that have been coughed on and fingered all day. *If* they do open and *if* they've got anything to sell anyway.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#48]
The farmers market on the corner of Cloverdale and Overland(behind the Chevron) has been open for a few days now. Looks like they have a good selection of stuff.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Ridleys in Middleton had a pretty significant stock of TP today, I didn't see paper towels.  Overall they seem to have *almost* recovered to normal.  Eggs and milk was back in stock with no restrictions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top