Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2018 5:35:05 PM EDT
I was just walking down my metro north train platform and he was walking my way. Stopped and shook his hand and let him know I voted for him...and that he should run for governor again. Beat Cuomo and repeal the SAFE Act. He agreed it's the dumbest law ever passed.

Nice guy. Asked me where I lived and talked for a couple minutes.

He's definitely one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good encounter, but every time I talk to a politician the first thing they ask is where I live. It is like they are doing the math on whether I will be able to vote for them. If I answer that I am not in their voting area they quickly loose interest in me and move on.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Ha well it was just the two of us on the platform...he had nowhere else to go except to talk to this gun nut. Haha.

No but he seemed genuinely nice.

I think he asked where I lived because we were getting on the same train.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Did he hint toward any future political aspirations?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I met him once and gave him one of my Cuomo urinal targets.  He laughed.  Seemed like a good dude.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Man I had high hopes for that campaign. SAFE Act aside I think he would have drastically improved the long term economic outlook of NY. If only.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did he hint toward any future political aspirations?
View Quote
I wish...but I didn't expect that really. Even though I said he should run again.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#7]
He owns a Glock 17. Good guy. It’s a shame state and national Republicans turned their backs on him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He owns a Glock 17. Good guy. It’s a shame state and national Republicans turned their backs on him.
View Quote
Probably the only true conservatives in downstate NY. Shame. Hope he runs again soon for something bigger...hell he took a BIG chunk out of Cuomo in the governor's election...that has to count for something.

Wonder if he owns any other guns? Probably shoots at the same 2 ranges as I do.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I really liked him but his campaign was ran like shit. Maybe if he decides to run again he get a better campaign manager and pull it off.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#10]
If you ask me, he needed the backing of the teachers unions. The timing was right with the "common core" crap. If the teachers backed him, I believe he would have ousted cuomo the clown.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you ask me, he needed the backing of the teachers unions. The timing was right with the "common core" crap. If the teachers backed him, I believe he would have ousted cuomo the clown.
View Quote
Don't get me started...  If you want to lose your shit try reading the literature NYSUT puts out.  The rank and file teachers talk a good game but the teachers union is in the tank for the state democrats hook line and sinker.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 2:02:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Don't get me started...  If you want to lose your shit try reading the literature NYSUT puts out.  The rank and file teachers talk a good game but the teachers union is in the tank for the state democrats hook line and sinker.
View Quote
That's pretty much all unions in this state. I'm a CSEA unit president and the shit they spew is enough to make you wanna puke
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I think Astorino lost because Cuomo had it out for him big time...and made sure to put the Constitutional Convention on the ballot and made sure to spread the rumor to the unions that it would cost them their pensions if it passed...

How better to motivate thousands of democrats to vote? Scare them with pension rumors.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
NYSLUT spent the whole pre-election cycle talking about how bad republicans are and the election was barely over before they started sending out flyers and posters about how "cuomo doesn't respect you." Well if cumho doesn't respect your members, why did you spend the last three months attacking his opponent?!!?!
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think Astorino lost because Cuomo had it out for him big time...and made sure to put the Constitutional Convention on the ballot and made sure to spread the rumor to the unions that it would cost them their pensions if it passed...

How better to motivate thousands of democrats to vote? Scare them with pension rumors.
View Quote
I don't think the CC was on the ballot when Astorino ran
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure was. It was on the back of every ballot along with 2 other initiatives...it pretty much guaranteed a loss for Astorino.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sure was. It was on the back of every ballot along with 2 other initiatives...it pretty much guaranteed a loss for Astorino.
View Quote
I believe Dave is talking about the county executive race, not the 2014 governors race.  In that case, yes, CC played a huge factor in sinking Astorino.  I believe Astorino is about the only one right now who could make Cuomo wet his pants if he were to enter the race.  How the democrats don't have a viable primary candidate to Cuomo, or that the republicans can't get out of their own way to run a worthwhile candidate... aww fuck it.

For ballot initiatives on the 2014 ballot:

https://ballotpedia.org/New_York_2014_ballot_measures
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok you're talking about his county exec run, right? I was thinking you were referring to Astorino's run for governor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top