Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2021 7:53:40 PM EDT
Just moved to milton,fl. And looking for a couple decent gun stores. And ccw classes for wife and I,  and hunting and fishing licenses.  Any info will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have post access the AF BX & Hurlburt Field Rifle & Pistol Club (CC classes and range).  If not, Ranger Firearms in FWB.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have post access the AF BX & Hurlburt Field Rifle & Pistol Club (CC classes and range).  If not, Ranger Firearms in FWB.
View Quote

No post access  but look into ranger. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
In Milton there’s Gulf Coast Guns just west of Avalon Blvd. on Hwy 90.  Most of their guns are on the wall so you can handle them without having to wait for a clerk. Good selection and decent prices. They have been slammed since the election.  I just bought a 365 XL there last month. Guys working there are great too. They have good selection of mags, accessories, etc. Ammo is spotty, as it is anywhere else.

Tradewinds Pawn and Gun on Highway 98, just west of Navarre is my go to. I’ve bought probably 98% of my guns there. Place doesn’t look like much from the road, but he has a lot of guns. And if you don’t see it in the case or on the wall, ask, Miles (owner) will probably find it in a cabinet, behind a case, or in the back room.  His prices are good and he will do layaway if you want.  Miles is a good guy and good to talk with as well. Him and his cousin run it and with COVID they limit the number of people inside at a time, as his shop is smaller.  But it doesn’t take long to get in, no waiting lines or anything, especially during the week. He is closed on Mondays.

I just moved back to Navarre from Milton, where I lived for 15 years.   I miss Milton.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to add, hunting and fishing license can be purchased online at myfwc.com. Unless you are military or retired and get the discounted Sportsman’s package
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#6]
You can hunt/fish on Eglin even without post access.  Go to Jackson Guard, register, take the test and buy your permit.

The test if an ass kicker and is good for 40 or so years.
Example Question: If you see an unexploded ordinance (bomb) you?
A.  Give it a good kick to see what happens
B.  Back off 10 feet, throw a rock at it and report what happens.
C.  Back off and report it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Oakridge on the N side of 98, W of Navarre.  Not far from the Tradewinds.

I've used the range several times.  Nice bunch.  Haven't bought any firearms there, though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In Milton there’s Gulf Coast Guns just west of Avalon Blvd. on Hwy 90.  Most of their guns are on the wall so you can handle them without having to wait for a clerk. Good selection and decent prices. They have been slammed since the election.  I just bought a 365 XL there last month. Guys working there are great too. They have good selection of mags, accessories, etc. Ammo is spotty, as it is anywhere else.

Tradewinds Pawn and Gun on Highway 98, just west of Navarre is my go to. I’ve bought probably 98% of my guns there. Place doesn’t look like much from the road, but he has a lot of guns. And if you don’t see it in the case or on the wall, ask, Miles (owner) will probably find it in a cabinet, behind a case, or in the back room.  His prices are good and he will do layaway if you want.  Miles is a good guy and good to talk with as well. Him and his cousin run it and with COVID they limit the number of people inside at a time, as his shop is smaller.  But it doesn’t take long to get in, no waiting lines or anything, especially during the week. He is closed on Mondays.

I just moved back to Navarre from Milton, where I lived for 15 years.   I miss Milton.
View Quote

Thanks,  anytime you want a range buddy. I'll bring some milsurps and ammo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can hunt/fish on Eglin even without post access.  Go to Jackson Guard, register, take the test and buy your permit.

The test if an ass kicker and is good for 40 or so years.
Example Question: If you see an unexploded ordinance (bomb) you?
A.  Give it a good kick to see what happens
B.  Back off 10 feet, throw a rock at it and report what happens.
C.  Back off and report it.
View Quote

Thanks,  whew...that test was a nail bitter...lol. now I have access to the "free" range. Now I can fire my beretta blackwing..
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks,  anytime you want a range buddy. I'll bring some milsurps and ammo.
View Quote

Sounds good. I’m near the Santa Rosa/Okaloosa line
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Check out Gulf Coast Gun Forum.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just moved to milton,fl. And looking for a couple decent gun stores. And ccw classes for wife and I,  and hunting and fishing licenses.  Any info will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks
View Quote

Welcome to our great state, leave all commiefornia bullshit behind, change your tags as soon as you get across state lines and that includes your state you hail from in your description please. Every time I see a ca tag it makes my bp rise, if someone is still running a ca tag here, then they didn’t move for the right reason. Since you’re here on ARFCOM, I’m assuming you’re part of the cause but we are being inundated; I’ve seen way way more ca tags than I can ever remember my entire life. Rant over. Just a concerned Floridian that is scared of this great state going in the shitter like the ones people are fleeing from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top