Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2019 11:49:30 PM EDT
Wanted to see if there’s any liberty loving 2nd amendment advocates living close by. Trying to fix up a range on my property.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in north central Indiana, but I've been down in your area before and it's beautiful. It's mostly flat up north, farm land and woods.

I had a pond dug out back so we had quite a bit of the dirt piled up to make a huge berm. In front of the berm I dug 2 post holes, installed 2 vertical steel posts and secured a steel beam horizontally across the posts to hang AR500 targets of different sizes using chain. My range is approx 175 yards. I wish it were much longer, but mowing lots of land is not fun to me.

I've always wanted to pour a small concrete slab to make it easy to mow around and make a concrete shooting bench that's perfectly level. Future project.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wanted to see if there’s any liberty loving 2nd amendment advocates living close by..
View Quote
you are surrouded
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that far from you, I'm in Clark County up near Borden
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
An hour Northeast of you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in eastern Louisville area but commute to work in Corydon.  Welcome!
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

you are surrouded
View Quote
Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Surrounded by what?
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I live in eastern Louisville area but commute to work in Corydon.  Welcome!
View Quote
Corydon's pretty awesome. Live about 18 minutes from there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm in north central Indiana, but I've been down in your area before and it's beautiful. It's mostly flat up north, farm land and woods.

I had a pond dug out back so we had quite a bit of the dirt piled up to make a huge berm. In front of the berm I dug 2 post holes, installed 2 vertical steel posts and secured a steel beam horizontally across the posts to hang AR500 targets of different sizes using chain. My range is approx 175 yards. I wish it were much longer, but mowing lots of land is not fun to me.

I've always wanted to pour a small concrete slab to make it easy to mow around and make a concrete shooting bench that's perfectly level. Future project.
View Quote
I have about 100 yards, before I hit a backstop/hill which then goes into the neighbors woods, probably around 500 acres, but still don't want to shoot in their area. I'm mainly thinking about turning it into an obstacle coarse. No where to really have a long range shooting area which is a little sad, but oh well.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm fairly close.

To your north and west a bit. In English, IN.

Welcome!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Im close by. In Corydon,  welcome!
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats on the new land digs OP.
Wish I had some private land or area to shoot on other than the damn DNR ranges.
Link Posted: 10/27/2019 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I live up near Fort Wayne, but my hunting lease is in the French Lick area. I've hosted a couple shoots on my place. Always interested in meeting any other area arfcomers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:15:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm in Floyd county. Have some property north of English in Orange county, too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I live all the way in the north east corner but I'm your huckleberry if you got somewhere fun to shoot
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I live all the way in the north east corner but I'm your huckleberry if you got somewhere fun to shoot
View Quote
GD actually has a good idea some of us may be interested in.

ABB

BTW I’m shooting at my house on the 21st next Saturday if it doesn’t rains it’s ass off of course.
Link Posted: 12/14/2019 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Checking in from New Albany.  I am a transplant, recently moved here from NC.  I have a buddy who has a bunch of land in corydon that we shoot on often.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ABB

BTW I’m shooting at my house on the 21st next Saturday if it doesn’t rains it’s ass off of course.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ABB

I like the ABB idea, and would be interested. There’s quite a few of us around here that actually get out and shoot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Checking in from New Albany.  I am a transplant, recently moved here from NC.  I have a buddy who has a bunch of land in corydon that we shoot on often.
View Quote
I'm 15 minutes away from Corydon in Elizabeth.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I like the ABB idea, and would be interested. There’s quite a few of us around here that actually get out and shoot.
View Quote
Well for this month I'm pretty packed (Working OT to gain vacation hours for next year.) but January I'm good to go if you guys want to get something going. I'm off every other Saturday. It would be nice to get a group going. What's happening in Virginia could happen here in Indiana and Kentucky.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well for this month I'm pretty packed (Working OT to gain vacation hours for next year.) but January I'm good to go if you guys want to get something going. I'm off every other Saturday. It would be nice to get a group going. What's happening in Virginia could happen here in Indiana and Kentucky.
View Quote
I have some steel I could bring, if you ever want to host a shoot. Both pistol and rifle stuff.
Feel free to shoot me an email anytime, as I don’t make it onto the HTF as often as I should.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have some steel I could bring, if you ever want to host a shoot. Both pistol and rifle stuff.
Feel free to shoot me an email anytime, as I don’t make it onto the HTF as often as I should.
View Quote
Same. If location is available, I have a bunch of steel in GA I could be persuaded to finally bring up
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Same. If location is available, I have a bunch of steel in GA I could be persuaded to finally bring up
View Quote
Unfortunately I don’t think I could have an actual shoot at my house with a large group of people. I do have neighbors at the front of my house and they’re a little older. They know I shoot but I don’t want to attract that much attention.

At the moment I don’t know a lot of people out here and with all the horse crap going on in Virginia I’m thinking it’s better to know a few like minded people who enjoy training, then to be divided, if they ever do decide to out right come for our guns.

I don’t care if I get flagged for this but I ain’t giving up shit. I served my country, work my ass off, and just want to live my life, but I’m not giving up my right to own any of the firearms I currently own.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I was just in Elizabeth for work, absolutely beautiful country.  Recently shot a CMP vintage sniper match at Southern Indiana Rifle & Pistol Club, great bunch of guys there (near Borden)
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Unfortunately I don’t think I could have an actual shoot at my house with a large group of people. I do have neighbors at the front of my house and they’re a little older. They know I shoot but I don’t want to attract that much attention.

At the moment I don’t know a lot of people out here and with all the horse crap going on in Virginia I’m thinking it’s better to know a few like minded people who enjoy training, then to be divided, if they ever do decide to out right come for our guns.

I don’t care if I get flagged for this but I ain’t giving up shit. I served my country, work my ass off, and just want to live my life, but I’m not giving up my right to own any of the firearms I currently own.
View Quote
Perhaps us locals need to set up a “battle buddies” training group, as others have done in their AOs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Perhaps us locals need to set up a “battle buddies” training group, as others have done in their AOs.
View Quote
Too bad we aren’t closer geographically.  The couple of guys right around me are lazy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 6:01:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Too bad we aren’t closer geographically.  The couple of guys right around me are lazy.
View Quote
That’s unfortunate.
I’m lucky to have a quite a few local buddies that’ll actually get out and do good stuff.
Unsure where in the state you are, but there are a lot of good folks in the south-central part.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have the same problem. It is what it is I guess.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I live there,  but I am pretty private. If you all want to go shoot or something, PM me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd be down for some training/shooting/Battle Buddy type time, but sadly, OP is a tad too far for me, I'm in Brown County.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd be down for some training/shooting/Battle Buddy type time, but sadly, OP is a tad too far for me, I'm in Brown County.
View Quote
That’s not too far flung. You’re about an hour North of me, and the OP is about an hour South. I routinely travel longer distances for 1-day matches, so it wouldn’t be a stretch to make a few short day hikes happen.

For the Battle Buddy challenge, we’re looking at getting at least four folks together for a day hike of at least 6 miles carrying 45lbs (as a pretty decent pace of 3mph). Then repeat two more times within 90 days.

I know a local “urban” running/walking trail that’d get us that distance, out and back combined. It’s paved, and Terrain is relatively flat, which would help keep the pace up.
It’d be an approximate 2-hour time commitment, plus travel time (plus perhaps a nice meal afterwards).

So.....who’s be up for that?

If there’s genuine interest, I may start a new thread as to not completely hijack OPs.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top