Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2021 12:36:08 PM EDT
I'm going to apply for a job with the BLM in Lakewood.

I'm currently living in Maryland.  It's the first time I've lived in a communist state.  As a structural engineer for the Fed Gov, there are not a lot of opportunities to move around.  I took the job here because I could not stand the corruption in my last office (Albuquerque).  I miss living out west, the dry climate, sunny weather, and mountains.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
My family has been in Colorado since before statehood.

I moved to Florida in April. Read into that what you will.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, 5th generation Coloradoan here. Moved out long ago and will never return! You should never move to a state that would elect Dick Lamb governor twice!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
The Dems have total control of the state government, and that's not going to change any time soon.  We're not quite to the level of California or New York fucked up, but they're trying hard to get us there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw these abominations for sale at the Sportsman's Warehouse off 84th and I-25 this weekend. They must know something we don't. YMMV

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Wanted to live Colorado since I was a boy. Moved after high school in 1993.  Wife born here, grew up here.  We both want to leave ASAP, but can't because of my ex and kids.  YMMV
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw these abominations for sale at the Sportsman's Warehouse off 84th and I-25 this weekend. They must know something we don't. YMMV

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/20210731_120112_jpg-2037500.JPG
View Quote

Those have been on the shelves here since the mag ban came into effect in 2013. It's stupid but not new.

Colorado is going to keep going left. I'm not leaving anytime soon though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Those have been on the shelves here since the mag ban came into effect in 2013. It's stupid but not new.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/310106/20210731_120112_jpg-2037500.JPG

Donno man, the girl behind the counter said they shipped them in from Cali since they can't sell them there now?
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Lets stir the pot....

But it seems to be the way of the silent majority is to run away and then bitch from afar.

Colorado is beautiful, people in certain areas suck yes, others are amazing.  Seems to be the way everywhere, hell Austin is shit show, but the majority of Texas is still good to go.  Love it here, and dont plan on leaving anytime soon.  And this is from a LEO in state, fighting for change and being defeated.  Good luck with the job OP, wont find more beautiful country (maybe Montana) but its well worth the move.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm going to apply for a job with the BLM in Lakewood.

I'm currently living in Maryland.  It's the first time I've lived in a communist state.  As a structural engineer for the Fed Gov, there are not a lot of opportunities to move around.  I took the job here because I could not stand the corruption in my last office (Albuquerque).  I miss living out west, the dry climate, sunny weather, and mountains.
View Quote
don't move to CO.

plenty of better places out west.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd move back to Colorado and live in a small mountain town and forget about the Front Range.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm "stuck" here for a while for work.

I say "do it".

It's still a great state in a lot of ways.  Just got back from a trip to Leadville, Aspen, Vail.  45 degrees and rain last night near Twin Lakes.  Spectacular views, good campsites, decent people.  

We avoid Denver.  Zero reason to go there for anything other than the airport or work.  

Lots of great trails around Lakewood/Fed Center.  

Great river fishing, but you do need to get out of the front range to avoid crowds.

It's crowded and expensive, but there are still plenty of opportunities to get away from it all.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:33:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lets stir the pot....

But it seems to be the way of the silent majority is to run away and then bitch from afar.

Colorado is beautiful, people in certain areas suck yes, others are amazing.  Seems to be the way everywhere, hell Austin is shit show, but the majority of Texas is still good to go.  Love it here, and dont plan on leaving anytime soon.  And this is from a LEO in state, fighting for change and being defeated.  Good luck with the job OP, wont find more beautiful country (maybe Montana) but its well worth the move.
View Quote

This x100.  Colorado is a great place to live besides the liberals here, but there are a lot of great conservatives here as well. Move where you want to, and fight for your God given rights. Don’t run like a coward.  It just turns more control/souls/land over to liberals and they will chase you to where you move to.  

I loved in TX for the first 30+ years of my life and I am proud to be in Colorado and choose to be here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I loved in TX for the first 30+ years of my life and I am proud to be in Colorado and choose to be here.
View Quote

Don't get me started with the Texans here.....

Link Posted: 8/4/2021 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I have only been here 18 months.  I would say that it greatly depends on where you live.  For example, I wouldn't live in Denver or Boulder under any circumstance.  Most of the state in terms of geography is middle to right.  The problem seems to be that Denver and Boulder are the tail wagging the dog in regards to politics.  There are some bullshit employment laws that are likely to cause some jobs to leave or just not end up here to begin with.  

From a gun rights perspective, no one seems to give a shit about the rules that are in place so do with that what you will.  

The big thing right now is that if you are buying, it is going to be a pain b/c the market is crazy.  My house has gone up 30-35% in the 18 months that I have been here and people are offering well over ask to be competitive.  If you are renting, I think rent is spiking.  I have seen some stuff on the Denver reddit about rents going up 50% compared to last year, but I don't have any insight other than that.  

If you are working with BLM you are probably aware of the fire problems the last couple years and now mudslides and low water levels.

The good news about being here is that when they shut everything down you can still go play in the mountains.  Do some due diligence on where you would live in regards to the political makeup of the area.  My area, Parker, is pretty conservative so while you will run into some super far right nut jobs, at least they don't want your guns.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd move back to Colorado and live in a small mountain town and forget about the Front Range.
View Quote

The problem is that the front range won't forget about you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#16]
The politics suck but there are good pockets. The blue wave of Dem policies is going to continue with taxes and stupid nanny state laws. That is just the way it is now. Regardless, I like it well enough for now and its definitely better than Eastern Maryland. Politics don't drive my life and I don't watch the news. Live as far west of the FR that you can and still make to Lakewood. If you like the outdoors its a cool place to adventure. The crowds have been crazy but I am thinking it will get better after COVID ends. It seems like everyone is moving here so be ready for that and there is a lot of tourist traffic in the Summer and Winter. DIA is one of the busiest airports in the country based on a recent article I read and its not that big (yet).
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 9:16:30 AM EDT
[#17]
I was just out there for a week (Steamboat Springs area).  I could hike every trail in Colorado and still not be satisfied, that is one beautiful area of the country.

I get the sense it's almost two different states. The Denver area, and most of the front range is pretty liberal/progressive.  Never have ventured to Boulder or Fort Collins, but understand those areas to be pretty liberal.    CO Springs seems more conservative, or libertarian.   West of the Denver area is much more my style. Smaller towns, mostly friendly folks, middle to right politically, except for the ritzy resort areas such as Vail, Breckinridge, etc.

Those are my very general observations, I have only really spent a few days in Denver.  Usually, it's land at Denver International, catch the shuttle to the rental cars and get the hell out of the front range.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought about making a thread about this article, but I think it's appropriate to post it in this thread.

It's about sharing a residence with a prohibited person... and is another example of how screwed-up this state is.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/08/gun-control-and-the-elastic-meaning-of-transfer-colorado-court-moves-the-needle/
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The crowds have been crazy but I am thinking it will get better after COVID ends.
View Quote

It's cute that you think the Dems will let COVID end, lolz
Link Posted: 8/15/2021 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#20]
My biggest short term concern is the end of state preemption on gun laws.  I think over the next few years there will be a mish-mash of what is legal where and prosecutions based on whether you were standing here or ten feet over there while in possession of a concealed firearm or a magazine that can hold X rounds.

I try not to think about the long term prospects.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#21]
It was great when I got here and then California caught up.   Now I'm too old to move again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I love Colorado, but I feel like everyone I talk to is a transplant. Not just from California, but Texas, and the Midwest (at least here in COS).

- It's CROWDED... almost everywhere
- House prices are pants on head retarded
- Cost of living is creeping up here
- COS gov't loves them some tax hikes
- Denver politicians are super libs
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I love Colorado, but I feel like everyone I talk to is a transplant. Not just from California, but Texas, and the Midwest (at least here in COS).

- It's CROWDED... almost everywhere
- House prices are pants on head retarded
- Cost of living is creeping up here
- COS gov't loves them some tax hikes
- Denver politicians are super libs
View Quote

I was not born here, but I have been here a very long time.  The populations of the state, and of the Springs, have more than doubled since the mid Seventies.  There were too many people and not enough water back then, and it's only gotten worse in the meantime.  Add shitty east coast/west coast/blue state attitudes to the mix now.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#24]
If all the good guys leave we are well and truly fucked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If all the good guys leave we are well and truly fucked.
View Quote

There are still good guys here. We are still truly fucked.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#26]
All the good guys won't leave, for various reasons, for me its mainly the mountains, and the fact that my wife's work is highly network dependent and local and she's built a great network here already.

We are indeed screwed from a political perspective. I don't see anyway this state is turning around.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#27]
For me, the climate and the mountains as much as anything, plus I have family buried here.  I try to ignore the libtard BS.  There are a few guns I wish I'd bought while I still could, and their magazines, of course.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All the good guys won't leave, for various reasons, for me its mainly the mountains, and the fact that my wife's work is highly network dependent and local and she's built a great network here already.

We are indeed screwed from a political perspective. I don't see anyway this state is turning around.
View Quote

you can't stop what's comin'.

ain't all waitin' on you.

that's vanity.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:06:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Denver is disgusting now. I don't even want to go there anymore. Nasty, depressing, crime and homelessness ridden cesspool of libtardation.

They make fun of Colorado Springs, that's fine- we are full.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Denver is disgusting now. I don't even want to go there anymore. Nasty, depressing, crime and homelessness ridden cesspool of libtardation.

View Quote

Weld county too

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Weld county too

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weld county too

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 2:47:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Weld county too

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weld county too

So is the Western Slope as a whole
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't get me started with the Texans here.....

View Quote

No shit lol.

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Weld county too

View Quote

Yarp
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I hope weld County has room for one more….I’m moving up there at the end of the month. I’m looking forward to checking out the Great Guns shooting range. Anyone have any experience with that range?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I hope weld County has room for one more….I’m moving up there at the end of the month. I’m looking forward to checking out the Great Guns shooting range. Anyone have any experience with that range?
View Quote

Pricey.

I think at one time it was the WCSO range, I thought I read that some place.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Pricey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pricey.

I want to visit the Logan County range sometime. I'm told it's only $10/day.

2 hr drive from Broomfield tho... fortunately right off I-76

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Pricey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pricey.

Membership is pretty affordable though.  $22.50/month with a $100 initiation fee.

Only negative is that it only goes to 300 yards.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I dont care what others do.

I will live where I want and fight for the rights I believe in.

I'm not going to flee to some random red state so I can live in my basement with a specific type of gun there. There's much more to life than that. I've lived in most of the states and Colorado is one of the most beautiful states.
There are very conservative parts of Colorado and we will move there later in the year. Good jobs are there, my son can play lacrosse, my daughter can do American Hertitage Girls.

I miss seasons, I miss snow, I miss snowboarding, skiing, rock climbing, hiking 14ers... being able to be outside most of the year. None of that can be done in Phoenix.

We will push back at the local gov level and school boards if they try anything dumb. I'll join a group to help the mag law or whatever. I will vote with my conscious, as will my wife and kids.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I dont care what others do.

I will live where I want and fight for the rights I believe in.

I'm not going to flee to some random red state so I can live in my basement with a specific type of gun there. There's much more to life than that. I've lived in most of the states and Colorado is one of the most beautiful states.
There are very conservative parts of Colorado and we will move there later in the year. Good jobs are there, my son can play lacrosse, my daughter can do American Hertitage Girls.

I miss seasons, I miss snow, I miss snowboarding, skiing, rock climbing, hiking 14ers... being able to be outside most of the year. None of that can be done in Phoenix.

We will push back at the local gov level and school boards if they try anything dumb. I'll join a group to help the mag law or whatever. I will vote with my conscious, as will my wife and kids.
View Quote

Good mindset. Welcome and good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top