Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2021 9:09:23 PM EDT
Just got the ATF "Diversified Machine" letter for an end cap and 3 lug mount i purchased from them and used to build a legal form 1 can.

Anyone have a recommendation for an NFA aware attorney in Florida that I can hire to push back on this?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 1:48:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Zachary McCormick in Tavares
[email protected]
352-742-7474 was the number I have for him.
Nice guy and knowledge in this area.

Can you give us a little  more background info on this?
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 5:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, will reach out to him.

The ATF raided Diversified Machine back in December of 2020. They are now sending registered letters to anyone that purchased anything from DM in a "fishing expedition". Here's a link to an article about the issue.

ATF Threatens Customers of Diversified Machine Over Solvent Traps

Quite a few folks on this site have gotten the letters so far.

I'd as soon pay a lawyer to deal with them so there is a proper legal record of the interaction. Would be nice if a few of us would ban together and file a class action...

Link Posted: 1/1/2022 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the background. I was unaware.
His office was across the street from mine. I used him for a trust. He seemed quite knowledgeable on class 3 and title 2 laws.
I since retired and believe his office to still be there.
Hope he can help you.
Please keep us updated. Thanks for trying to stand up for your beliefs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:00:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Why bother...they literally sent out hundreds of those letters. If they actually believe you have illegal stuff, they would knock at your door. Scare tactic that im not wasting money on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top