Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2022 6:31:30 PM EDT
I've known of guys at gun shows that would come up to our NRA table and complain about NRA not endorsing their candidate...Dick Durbin!

I would have to explain that he was rabidly anti-gun and NRA doesn't endorse those folks.  It was union members doing the asking.

It was beyond frustrating that those folks vote in anti-gun legislators and then complain that we are losing our gun rights!
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
@ Swanhunter,
The union brothers are taught in apprenticeship school to all ways "vote for your paycheck". Let's face it, many (R) politicians are against organized labor movements. This leaves the union members, who basically are pro 2A, the dilemma of voting for a candidate that supports their ability to support their families as best they can, or vote for a candidate that cherishes their God given freedoms as much as they do. A hard choice to say the least.
Gary
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My union offered ccw classes and was a lap dog for the Illinois Democrats. It drove me to distraction.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Most of the union gun owners I worked with knew better than to vote democrat. The voting lists from the union became lists of who not to vote for.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It's usually the union member gun owners who vote Democrat. But, there are a ton of new gun owners in Chicago who did and will continue to vote for Dems. I've had serious conversations with many of them over the last two years. In their words, I see a few justifications for this. First, for many of them, firearm freedoms don't top their list. Let's be honest for 99% of gun owners, firearm freedoms don't top their lists, else they would do something to defend those freedoms. Second, most are convinced that they aren't coming for our guns. The second group can sometimes be educated, the first group not so much.

With millions of new gun owners, I'd wager most of the new gun owners are democrat voters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top