Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2022 8:31:10 PM EDT
Some of you might recall I was summoned for jury duty in April.  And that they wanted nothing to do with me.  

Well the trial is over and here is the result.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix-breaking/2022/06/15/court-convicts-man-2018-tempe-murder-zylan-cheathams-brother/7639769001/

SOOOOOOO glad I was released as it took from April 19 thru June 14.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What Jury Duty summons?  

Last one I got was scheduled for April or May of '20. They were supposed to reopen, but that never happened.

I did sit on a jury for a guy that made meth and it had a minimum sentence. Would honestly recommend it if capable.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What Jury Duty summons?  

Last one I got was scheduled for April or May of '20. They were supposed to reopen, but that never happened.

I did sit on a jury for a guy that made meth and it had a minimum sentence. Would honestly recommend it if capable.
View Quote

April of 2022 for me.  And while I have no issue doing my civic duty I confess I was relieved when they send me home.  Hour drive each way.  And a 6-7 week murder trial.  

Pretty sure they canceled me from service when I answered the questionnaire.  It asked stuff like did I think all gang members were criminals?  Well duh that is what they do.  And did I own guns?  And how many?  Well, yeah.  Machine-guns, rifles, shotguns and pistols.  About 75.  Pretty sure the defense thought I might be biased (probably true) and rejected me.  

Although might have been prosecuting attorney.  They asked if I could follow judges instructions.  I said "It depends".  I mean I'm not giving anyone a blank check.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top