Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2018 12:41:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good short term pick but I don't see him sticking around for more than this term as he's already retired once and not getting any younger.  He's a solid conservative and a good person who will not generate any controversy as the replacement. I would have preferred a young conservative who would lock down that seat for the foreseeable future rather than an uncontroversial placeholder.  With the Duce-bag facing a reelection battle that was probably never in the cards.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/What-s-Ducey-s-address-/13-627209/?r=6911658&page=1&anc=6911658#i6911658
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I lost what little respect I had for him when he voted to confirm Eric Holder as AG.

He's a Swamp Critter, but he's at least a solid choice on moving forth a conservative agenda.    It's about the safest pick the Duce could come up with.  Remember, as much as we detested McStain, a lot of people in AZ loved him, as evidenced by standing out in the sun for hours just to see his casket.  Kyl is a fair compromise, and will keep the seat warm.

Also, as a former Senator, he knows the job (big plus) and I think he gets to keep his seniority, which matters.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn sight better than appointing Cindy or tits McCain!
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I view the Kyl pick as a punt.  Whoever loses the McSally/Sinema Senate race will likely be the front runner for the 2020 race.  It would have been nice if Ducey grew a set of balls and picked someone young and at least a little bit conservative to replace McCain and it would have certainly given us a leg up in the 2020 race with an incumbent running instead of an empty seat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I view the Kyl pick as a punt.  Whoever loses the McSally/Sinema Senate race will likely be the front runner for the 2020 race.  It would have been nice if Ducey grew a set of balls and picked someone young and at least a little bit conservative to replace McCain and it would have certainly given us a leg up in the 2020 race with an incumbent running instead of an empty seat.
View Quote
This.
It's a "safe" pick for the time being. He could've done worse though, that's for sure.
Someone like Salmon would've been a better choice.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
.........Someone like Salmon would've been a better choice.
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting take on Ducey's possible motive for Kyl ……….https://www.pacificpundit.com/2018/09/04/jon-kyl-replaces-mccain-both-good-and-bad/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top