Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2021 1:42:09 PM EDT
Been hearing this guys name come up more and more when talking to people.

What do we know about this guy and his policies and views?  What I’ve found online is kind of slim
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:31:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Trump supporter, business owner and seems like a good man. Been to his restaurant several times over the last year and was THRILLED to see zero masks and no pressure to wear one. If you’re local to Central Ohio do yourself a favor and go. Great food and beer, and live music on I think Friday?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trump supporter, business owner and seems like a good man. Been to his restaurant several times over the last year and was THRILLED to see zero masks and no pressure to wear one. If you’re local to Central Ohio do yourself a favor and go. Great food and beer, and live music on I think Friday?
View Quote

I like what I've read about him so far.  What's the name of his restaurant ?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#3]
This must be the place.

Blystone
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven’t found anything I don’t like about him so far.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
We eat at his restaurant at least twice a month. Great guy. It has been neat watching his business grow over the years. Really exemplifies the American dream of work hard and succeed. I hope he runs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This must be the place.

Blystone
View Quote

Looks like a real nice place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
For anybody wanting to know more about him, On Guard Defense is hosting a meet and greet on Tuesday.

https://onguarddefense.com/meet-candidate.html
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
haven't meet him yet but ate at his place nice seeing so many people without masks
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:59:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Damned good restaurant and good guy, he’s got my support.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Kind of resurrecting an old thread here, but...

I’ve been following this guy on Facebook since early March. So far, I don’t see anything about him that I don’t like. Glad to see he’s gaining traction, too.

I’m very pleased to see a “common man” running for public office.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:42:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been seeing yard signs starting to pop up
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend of a friend went to one of his meet and greets a few weeks ago and picked up a bunch of signs. I should be getting mine this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know if his plan is to primary Dewine or run as an independent? So far I like the guy and would love to see him run, but don’t want him splitting a ticket and resulting in a Dem win.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m not sure what his plan is, but I definitely agree with you. I’ll try and find out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I will take a yard sign if any one knows where to get one
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I will take a yard sign if any one knows where to get one
View Quote

He’s got speaking events posted on his Facebook page. Multiple a week. They sell the merchandise at them
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone know if his plan is to primary Dewine or run as an independent? So far I like the guy and would love to see him run, but don't want him splitting a ticket and resulting in a Dem win.
View Quote
I hope the plan is to primary DeWine. If not, I'll turn out and vote for everything else but governor. While DeWine did some good things, in my opinion he didn't do enough of them to warrant calling himself a conservative. Maybe a "Romney Republican" or "Cheney chameleon" but that's about it.

I have much more faith in the state legislature to do conservative things than I do DeWine. Heck, he acted like such a liberal with the Wu-Flu that our legislature had to override his veto of their bill to give him sorely needed adult supervision.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to vote for him but he has no chance, our election system is fraudulent. How do you think we ended up with little Casich, aka little Mike, anyway? He's already re-eleted.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Third party?

Yea, he is wasting everyone's time.

I try to support the guy but he has no presence. No one knows who he is.

I've been to his restaurant three times. It was really good the one time I got to eat.

Turned away the other two times due to "incidents in the kitchen".

Hour drive each way. Won't go back.

Knox county R party is trashing the shit out of him.

I'm going to offer up $1000 to any candidate who will primary any local R. No one seems to even care though. R county run by all D party people who changed party but no one cares because they have the R by their name.

The Sheriff is #1 on the chopping block in my book.

Time to wage war on the Republican party and end it as the Rino party.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Third party?

I've been to his restaurant three times. It was really good the one time I got to eat.

I'm going to offer up $1000 to any candidate who will primary any local R. No one seems to even care though. R county run by all D party people who changed party but no one cares because they have the R by their name.

View Quote

Knox county Republican Party is in a weird sort of over in love relationship with jim Renacci so that’s not surprising
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:55:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Third party?

View Quote

Has he announced he is running third party? If he wants to primary Dewine I have a ton of cash and time to dedicate to the cause. If he is really running third party I can’t risk a Dem winning.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Running as an Independent  is what I have heard.

If so it's  pointless.

If that is false and he is going to primary Dewine then We need to put some effort  into fighting  disinformation.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Running as an Independent  is what I have heard.

If so it's  pointless.

If that is false and he is going to primary Dewine then We need to put some effort  into fighting  disinformation.
View Quote

Actually worse than pointless, that will split right leaning voters and give Ohio the Mayer from Dayton as our new governor. Someone needs to encourage Blystone to primary Dewine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Joe is running on the republican ticket.

I just spoke to Deborah, Joe's Assistant.
View Quote

Thanks for checking. We will see who else enters the ring, but as of now he has my vote in the primary.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Good to hear.

Looks like the local level Replblicans are just making crap up.

I'll be sure to publicly call them out next time I hear this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I will register as a repub just so I can vote for him in the primary, I will NOT vote for deswine for anything, even court jester.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I will register as a repub just so I can vote for him in the primary, I will NOT vote for deswine for anything, even court jester.
View Quote
Awww, but it's entertaining to poke fun at Bobblehead Mike.

Was thinking about registering DumpDeWine.com and building it out in my spare time, but it looks like someone already beat me to the domain name.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Knox county Republican Party is in a weird sort of over in love relationship with jim Renacci so that’s not surprising
View Quote

Renacci isn't bad, but he's not good, either. I certainly won't primary for him.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Just came from a small Blystone stump speech in Croton.

Seems like a really nice guy. Not polished but I'm  OK with that.

Kept getting the song "Simple Kind Of Man" in my head.

I do hope he gets some practice  at debates because  his personality  isn't  the debate type. Both good and bad in that.

Crowd of about 75 in a town of 100 seemed receptive.

Left a decent donation.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I didn't  know about it until 6:30 and it started at 7:00.

Mild mannered guy. Humble.
Likeable.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Seeing quite a few signs in Ashland County. Still have tons of Trump signs and flags here as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Is it confirmed that DeWine will seek re-election?

If so, I think we need to be contacting the Ohio Republican Party, to tell them running him is a good way to get a Democrat Governor.

I don't know anyone who's going to "hold their nose" and vote for that clown. I sure as hell won't. My wife, who has never been excited about voting, can't wait to vote against him.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#40]
He'll  run and the Republicans party will be in the tank for him.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh yeah, I'm sure they will be, but damn! Talk about having your finger completely off the pulse here...
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So my wife and I went to see joe speak last night in New Albany. I love Joe’s message and he is a really likable guy who people can relate to. He’s not even 1% politician but that could also be his downfall, he’s not going to back down but he’s very soft spoken. He’s going to be getting our vote no questions asked.

There was another gentleman there named Mark Pukita who is running for senate. The guy is a bulldog and supports constructional carry in all 50 states, said that would be something he would push.

He’s someone to seriously look into and would be great for this state.

https://www.pukitaforsenate2022.com/platform-pukita-2022
View Quote

That’s how I feel with blystone. He has my support and I really like him but my only wonder is when this ramps up and the career politicians try to step on his neck does he have it in him to keep pushing.

My opinion is his softspoken “I’m just a hardworking guy” traits will help him here. I hope so.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#46]
QFM 96vhad Renaci on yesterday, not one mention of Joe... Shame he will be swept under the rug.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:34:32 PM EDT
[#47]
I heard he will be at the Colebrook lounge Sunday.

ETA autocorrect bites again
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks like we all need to invite  BLM to our county Republican meetings to break things up a bit.

Make them scared to gather.

Start gathering  names and addresses.

Let the enemy  of our enemy  do the work for us.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I heard he will be at the Holebrook lounge Sunday.
View Quote
Yes, he will be. Colebrook Lounge in Orwell, OH from 2-6.

Food and refreshments, Blystone merch, axe throwing contest, 4WD and 4 wheeler decorating contest.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I buy my meat from the farm as I live less than 5 miles from there. Wasn't 3 weeks ago he cut some ribeyes himself for me. I've spoken to him a couple of times at the butcher and he certainly has my vote, pro biz and constitutional carry.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top