Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 8:10:51 PM EDT
I'm going to LA tech this fall and I need to fund my AR habit and other less important things like food . Anyone know what kinds of jobs Ruston has to offer?
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:43:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Davidson Transportation

Walpole Tire
Hunt Timber
Patterson Timber

Is good one that comes to mind.
But with more qualified people loosing jobs left & right.  Might pretty spotty, right now.

Edit: I am not from Ruston. But the S/O is.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Hopefully the current situation doesn't last until then, else a lot of people are in trouble.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Try UPS. I think they have a center in Ruston. Maybe you can unload trailers part time or something.
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 2:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I would say rough neck every other 1/4, but that shit is gone.....
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
On campus, or off campus?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they have Waitr or DoorDash up there?
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do they have Waitr or DoorDash up there?
View Quote
Yep, sure do. Running water, too. j/k

OP: since our student population headed home a couple months ago, there are a lot of places currently hiring. Especially once we get Phase 2 Spell of Virus Protection from DM Edwards and the restaurants open up even more, they're gonna need help.

On campus, lots of depts need student workers desperately over the summer, but the door is closing fast on that. You have to be registered for at least four hours (IIRC) to be employed on campus, and Tech is trying to offer incentives to knock out core classes online this summer. Barring that, I doubt we're full strength come Fall Quarter - may be a good many positions available.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:36:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I worked line service at an airport for a while in college. Parked planes, pumped gas, towed planes, etc. See if the FBO at the airport is hiring. Not much of an airport but the college up there has a little flight school. I know there’s a helicopter ambulance on the field too.

Even if you’re not into aviation it’s still a cool job for someone in college.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top