Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2021 6:24:00 PM EDT
Anybody know what the best 2-3 zip codes are in Forsyth Co? High school and elementary school aged kids. What areas to avoid?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Best place to live in Forsyth County is Davie County.  

But apart from that, the best high schools are West Forsyth in Clemmons and Mt Tabor in the Robinhood Road / Polo Road area.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed. Lots of folks work in Forsyth and live in Davie for many good reasons.

Edited to add that most of the work on 40 is complete so commuting is not as bad as it was.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Move to Kernersville or Davidson County. Like the Davie County recommendations, people work in Forsyth but live in these areas for a reason.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions. Lewisville looks to be a nice area.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Move to Kernersville or Davidson County. Like the Davie County recommendations, people work in Forsyth but live in these areas for a reason.
View Quote
Be aware that Kernersville has one of the highest property taxes per Capita in the entire state. Also be aware there are a lot of people who were grandfathered into municipal water and sewer and you will not be one of them.

Western Forsyth is where it's at in terms of public schools. Lots of old Reynolds and Hanes money still out there too.

Edit: Only real areas to avoid are 5 points area, High Point and SE Winston. Most others are good to go. You could also look at Guilford depending on where you will be located work wise.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Davie County -All schools feed into one county high school.  Stay away from Cooleemee.

Davidson County, look for the Oak Grove school district.  The second tier choices would be North Davidson or Ledford districts.  Avoid Lexington and Thomasville school systems.    

Taxes will be lower, schools will be better in both places than being in Forsyth.  If you do insist on Forsyth, Lewisville/Clemmons is the nicer area, but too crowded for me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Davie County -All schools feed into one county high school.  Stay away from Cooleemee.

Davidson County, look for the Oak Grove school district.  The second tier choices would be North Davidson or Ledford districts.  Avoid Lexington and Thomasville school systems.    

Taxes will be lower, schools will be better in both places than being in Forsyth.  If you do insist on Forsyth, Lewisville/Clemmons is the nicer area, but too crowded for me.
View Quote

I'd second all of that.
I'm on the west side of Lewisville on some acreage and love it; but I have the Forsyth taxes to deal with.

OP, I just move up from FL last summer; please feel free to IM me if you want to talk.

ETA:
If you look at real estate in the area, you need to be aware of the Northern Beltway that is partially under construction and will not be finished for ~10 years
It could be an advantage or major disadvantage if you're looking at a property near the beltway corridor.

Winston-Salem Northern Beltway
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top