Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 9/18/2018 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s sad to hear, that was my go to shop for brick and mortar.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a bummer.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#4]
damn, back in the 90s and early 2000's, that was the place to be, the past few years its been a ghost town
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
When Bob Jensen sold out it totally changed.

A lot of long time knowledgeable people seem to have left with the change too.

Same name, not the same store.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
The current owner had back surgery and is/was out for a really long time, not able to work there as much.

Plus online sales were reportedly eating into the business.

And yeah, I know Bob Jensen personally. He went to my church for the last 3 or so years before he retired. The stress was pretty much killing him. He wasn't the type of guy who could delegate a lot of work to other people.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly. At the prices the new owners were asking, this is what happens. I try to spend all my money with local shops, but there is a limit to what I'll pay for that. I went in during the "sale" and the prices were still ridiculous... They sold nearly all their guns on Thursday. Was looking for a Sig226 which they had but they were still $50 higher than the next closest local store.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Bummer. That was my go-to store between 2003-2007 when I was at Colorado State. Bought my first AR there.

I haven't been there since then since I moved away after school, but it's sad to hear others here saying that it's not the same store that it used to be....guess that's why they're closing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a gun from Bob years ago, when he ran his FFL out of his mom house.

I miss that crusty old dude
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When Bob Jensen sold out it totally changed.

A lot of long time knowledgeable people seem to have left with the change too.

Same name, not the same store.
View Quote
When did he sell it? I was super excited to check it out after seeing great reviews and finally made my way up there. Was met with some tacticool douche behind the counter that sold me a blue label glock for $525ish out the door. Was stupid and excited to get my first handgun so I bought it without realizing their blue labels were marked way up from normal blue label prices.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When did he sell it? I was super excited to check it out after seeing great reviews and finally made my way up there. Was met with some tacticool douche behind the counter that sold me a blue label glock for $525ish out the door. Was stupid and excited to get my first handgun so I bought it without realizing their blue labels were marked way up from normal blue label prices.
View Quote
I wanna say 2012 but not sure, somebody can correct

He did good, he sold at the very top of the market.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Spent many a dollar there in the past, Paladin Arms was my first stop and if they didn't have it I wandered further north.
But for over a decade it really changed for the worse.
My last straw was '05 or so, I called up there looking for a DSA Para FAL, cash in hand. Marilyn answered the phone and I asked politely if she could check stock and pricing on said FAL.
Snappily: "I don't have time to look for you, you will have to call back later." And she hung up on me.
Huh!

Kiss of death for me. I get it, we all get busy and I understand. Nothing wrong with saying something to the effect of, "We are really busy right now, would you mind calling back in half an hour?" or "Let me get your #, I will call you back in a few."
Basic customer service 101.
But to tell a customer you don't have time for them is a fatal mistake.

I never spent another dime there.

'Bye Felicia....
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#13]
In the mid 2000s they got a reputation for being impatient with people. Probably from the horde of people who would come in, handle all the guns, and leave. Wasting their time. So they started getting short with customers. It started getting better again around 2010 for the last 3 or 4 years until Bob left. After Bob left, I didn't ever go in so I can't tell you what happened.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:25:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Prices were two high and customer service sucked... Like you had to earn the right to get customer service. You had to "talk the talk." I had good experiences with the original and new owner, but why did they keep the Asian and his lil white side kick. (not being racist, just accurate descriptions)... Only shopped there occasionally when I really needed something..  I kinda liked the girls in the shop, but then again I am afraid of girls, so that made me nervous too. haha
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Prices were two high and customer service sucked... Like you had to earn the right to get customer service. You had to "talk the talk." I had good experiences with the original and new owner, but why did they keep the Asian and his lil white side kick. (not being racist, just accurate descriptions)... Only shopped there occasionally when I really needed something..  I kinda liked the girls in the shop, but then again I am afraid of girls, so that made me nervous too. haha
View Quote
Was the little white sidekick guy the one who had the two pistols in the shoulder holster and the AR mags on his belt in case he needed to grab a rifle from the wall and get to work?

If so, that little guy always cracked me up.

I don't remember the Asian guy or any of the girls.  I went into Jensen's around this time last year and it was completely dead.  The counter babes didn't want to help me spend my bone-us money, so...
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 6:08:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Prices were two high and customer service sucked... Like you had to earn the right to get customer service. You had to "talk the talk." I had good experiences with the original and new owner, but why did they keep the Asian and his lil white side kick. (not being racist, just accurate descriptions)... Only shopped there occasionally when I really needed something.
View Quote
This, 100%.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 5:21:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Remember Marilyn , Bobs sister ?

Lord what a piece of work she was !

Too bad , it was THE place .
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 3:44:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I though it was ok.... i have other places i like better
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Sad news.
I bought my first lower from them
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:38:03 AM EDT
[#21]
usa liberty arms has allooooooooooooot of stuf in there.  and prices werent too bad!
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
usa liberty arms has allooooooooooooot of stuf in there.  and prices werent too bad!
View Quote
This is true Liberty has lots of nice stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
USA Liberty is a good shop.  Nice selection, good pricing, good customer service.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 3:50:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top