Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Are we two-gunning or (more likely) static line shooting?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would suggest a static line, clear when you get up there, load, shoot and clear before you leave line type situation.

It sounds crazy but people tend to lose their minds in the dark, especially out in the country.  That and we will have varying skill and experience levels there. We can't be too safe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are we two-gunning or (more likely) static line shooting?

I would suggest a static line, clear when you get up there, load, shoot and clear before you leave line type situation.

It sounds crazy but people tend to lose their minds in the dark, especially out in the country.  That and we will have varying skill and experience levels there. We can't be too safe.
Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
How am I now just seeing this thread? Shame on me.
This sounds like a great idea as I'm just dipping my toes into night vision. Only have a Sionyx now and waiting on all the items necessary to get it mounted.

Definitely interested pending my schedule. I'll give a for sure as soon as I can.

Eta- I won't be able to make it until around 7ish, if that's okay then count me in.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

100% agree.

On a side note.... I might have access to a Full Power PEQ-15 (new Stock, leftover)......What might one expect to pay for one in black?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless something drastic happens I will be there.  I haven't been into NV that long so I don't really have anything setup very well yet so I would really appreciate the chance to get hands on some different setups.

I am going to reach out to a couple of buddies that I have been trying to get to take the leap too.  If they can attend I will be sure to update.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
My brother and I are planning to attend.  I only have a SiOnyx and hoping to check out some good gear.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Y'all. Everyone come hungry! My wife and I will be serving food for the shoot. We will have barbecue sandwiches chicken and pork, burgers and dogs, baked beans, cole slaw and potato salad. Food will be ready about 3:30 so grab a plate before the shoot gets under way. Hope to see you all there.
Red
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Tentatively in. I sold all my thermal rifle gear except my hand-held thermal scope. I am pretty good at close range (i.e. baited) feral hogs using the low-power ATPIAL-C, Torch Pro,  and a PVS-14. For hunting, low power is better - a sharper dot, less bloom and smearing, more dead hogs. Prove me wrong. If you aren't guiding Hellfires or GBU on final, why do you need 25 mW? The illuminator is way better, I'll give you that.

I am more worried about a full-power laser to my eye than anything. Leave the blue screw in until I am behind you, please. Static firing line is best IMO. snip, sorry

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Pretty stoked for the shoot...... Grabbed a nice White Phos PVS-14 with good specs (while I wait on my BNVG's) and a Full Power Peq-15.

Is there anything I can bring down?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:48:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tentatively in. I sold all my thermal rifle gear except my hand-held thermal scope. I am pretty good at close range (i.e. baited) feral hogs using the low-power ATPIAL-C, Torch Pro,  and a PVS-14. For hunting, low power is better - a sharper dot, less bloom and smearing, more dead hogs. Prove me wrong. If you aren't guiding Hellfires or GBU on final, why do you need 25 mW? The illuminator is way better, I'll give you that.

I am more worried about a full-power laser to my eye than anything. Leave the blue screw in until I am behind you, please. Static firing line is best IMO. snip, sorry

View Quote

Mainly the illuminator. I run into the same issue on the A2. No hi illum/lo point setting. The neutral filter I bought was too brittle and snapped when i tried stretching to attach. Agreed the LP laser is good for most shooting.

Awesome there will be food.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty stoked for the shoot...... Grabbed a nice White Phos PVS-14 with good specs (while I wait on my BNVG's) and a Full Power Peq-15.

Is there anything I can bring down?
View Quote

I'm bringing a dueling tree. Pistol duals at night are pretty fun.

The range is pretty set up for steel targets but if you have anything interactive it could worthwhile.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm probably out. My Dad died this morning. He was 91, a Korea and Vietnam vet, and a good Christian man.

I'm hungover, and "making arrangements". Oh joy. Thank God for sisters, they are good at this kind of thing.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:07:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I plan on showing up, first time shooting at night and looking forward to the experience.

-Prep
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Can someone PM me the range coords? The Emu range webpage is down.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

IM sent
View Quote

@emu - me too please.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm probably out. My Dad died this morning. He was 91, a Korea and Vietnam vet, and a good Christian man.

I'm hungover, and "making arrangements". Oh joy. Thank God for sisters, they are good at this kind of thing.

View Quote

Terribly sorry to hear of your loss.  We will keep your family in our prayers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

My condolences to your family.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really sorry to hear that.

Take care of your family, sir.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here. Emu, you have a contact email as well, in case Arfcom is down we can still get in touch. Thanks and hope I can make it to this one and meet some of y’all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hey Y'all. Everyone come hungry! My wife and I will be serving food for the shoot. We will have barbecue sandwiches chicken and pork, burgers and dogs, baked beans, cole slaw and potato salad. Food will be ready about 3:30 so grab a plate before the shoot gets under way. Hope to see you all there.
Red
View Quote

You don't need to tell us twice! Looking forward to seeing y'all!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@emu - me too please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@emu - me too please.

Quoted:

Same here. Emu, you have a contact email as well, in case Arfcom is down we can still get in touch. Thanks and hope I can make it to this one and meet some of y’all.

I'll be sure to IM directions when I get to the shop tomorrow. I have them on the computer there and I can just copy/paste them rather than wearing out my typing finger! I'll include my cell phone number as well. My email is: gapawn(at)aol(dot)com for anyone who wants to make note of it.

Sorry that the website is down. Hopefully it'll be back up soon. I'll be watching for additional folks that need directions, just ask.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll need directions too.  It appears we will be there.  Looking forward to spectating
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll need directions too.  It appears we will be there.  Looking forward to spectating
View Quote

GREAT news! I'll IM directions to you tomorrow!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#28]
@0627Devildog
@Springer1911Fan
@Brandi

IM sent

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#29]
@grey50beast reminded me of the shoot and I will try and attend. If anyone wants to shoot pistol with a PAIL on an M17/M18 I can bring it. I’m in need of NODS and a LAM for a rifle. I can bring extra suppressed 556 or 762 guns as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@grey50beast reminded me of the shoot and I will try and attend. If anyone wants to shoot pistol with a PAIL on an M17/M18 I can bring it. I’m in need of NODS and a LAM for a rifle. I can bring extra suppressed 556 or 762 guns as well.
View Quote

The more the merrier!

I will also have a .22 conversion y'all are welcome to drop in a rifle to get some more up close training on steel. I'll be bringing a few IR capable guns and yes, even a scary full power laser.

And of course there is a night shoot a month after I sell my spare 14.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The more the merrier!

I will also have a .22 conversion y'all are welcome to drop in a rifle to get some more up close training on steel. I'll be bringing a few IR capable guns and yes, even a scary full power laser.

And of course there is a night shoot a month after I sell my spare 14.
View Quote

I have a drop in 22 also
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have a drop in 22 also
View Quote

Let the pings ring out!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have a drop in 22 also
View Quote

#metoo . . . BNIB.....Though I have never actually used it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#34]
If you guys have room for two more, my wife and I would like to stop by.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you guys have room for two more, my wife and I would like to stop by.
View Quote

The more the merrier!

There's plenty of room at the Angry Emu.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Is this more for folks who have some equipment to shoot or will (at least part of) it be a demo type event for folks who are interested but have nothing NV/IR/Laser yet?  Im having trouble imagining walking around in the dark watching people shoot at the dark (since I have no NV) and getting anything out of it. Im assuming carrying an illuminated flashlight would be verboten.

Im 1.5 hr drive from there and was thinking about showing up. Also interested in the Angry Emu range.
I do have a suppressed AR15 if needed.

If there is a desire to demo to newbies, IM me the coordinates.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I think if you want to take a look at different stuff, especially before dipping your toe in, it’s gonna be a prime opportunity. There’s gonna be a lot of cool toys, especially with JRH bringing some stuff.

I think there’s gonna be some white shooting as well, at least I want to since I lack an RDS on my pistols.

Regardless, come for the night shooting, stay for the camaraderie  

Coordinates sent.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's both.

We (JRH) offered to helped with this event at Emu range. Their will people that already have their own NV that will be bringing their personal units to get shoot with on their own.

We have offered to bring demo NV units for people to check out and try in person. We will also have a couple of IR laser equipped rifles (ARs and AKs) for those that would like to try them out also (bring quality ammo).

It is not a structured shoot but we have had several people step up and offer to help as Range Officers. For safety reasons weapons will remain UNLOADED until people get on the firing line and when they leave the firing line will have to be UNLOADED before they leave the firing line. Common sense safety protocols will be followed and either Emu, one of the RO's or if need be I will give a basic safety brief at the start of it. You will be responsible for your own safety.

As for us (JRH)- we will have some popular models of NV there to demo and will have a table setup for folks to look at them, ask questions, etc. I'm sure that part alone will keep us super busy so I doubt we will even get to the firing line much.

Hopefully that explains it a little better.

View Quote

Thanks for posting that, and again for making this happen.  

IHTFP and I are relatively well versed in available gear, and how to use it.  We will be on the line the entire night: safety first and foremost, a little shooting, and of course instruction/help to any and all.  (Plus we get a chance to LARP in our PCs)  

When I first got into NV, it was tough to get beginner info. There is definitely a bit of the "Let me flex my opinions because I know things, and you should just trust me" aspect and honestly that's a turn off for many people, no matter the hobby.  There needs to be a "why" portion of that conversation.  Through shooting and experience one will learn the "whys". This event will certainly help one to determine the equipment necessary to be proficient at night, as well as the associated costs, abilities, and limitations of the various tiers available.

All that to say @evofxdwg come on out.  Shooting under NODs adds a level of difficulty and fun, and if I have to take my sweaty helmet off personally I will guarantee you a chance to try some cool stuff.

Really looking forward to a safe and fun event with y'all.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#40]
ok, count @evofxdwg in
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Plus we get a chance to LARP in our PCs)  

View Quote

Looking cool is the whole idea, man, why else would we have all this gear
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:37:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Looking cool is the whole idea, man, why else would we have all this gear
View Quote

Quoted:

LMAO!! Definitely!! Posing for a tactical glamour shot for the web trumps anything else LOL.
View Quote

Bros, like, do you even gram?

(meanwhile, everyone thinks I'm a 50+ year old buff guy because of my SN and avatar hah!)
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For all those that asked, we WILL have a few new night vision units there to sell. These will be cash only sales and have to be arranged ahead of time- just shoot me a direct email and I'll let you know what's available.

[email protected]
View Quote

Will you be bringing any different mounts with you to demo?  I have been wanting to upgrade my rhino mount and I would love to see a couple in person before dropping several hundred dollars on one.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I am 100% in, Plus 3

I've got a couple sets of binos and a pvs14 plus some thermals and will probably bring my SR25 with Pvs-27 on it and probably some rifles with lasers, sadly my cans haven't transferred yet.  

@angryemu, could I please get directions or coordinates and also do you have any issues with shooting 40mm chalk rounds?

@lowdown3; If you need a hand with RO duties, I don't mind helping out wherever I can
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am tentatively in with potentially up to +2

I've got a couple sets of binos and a pvs14 plus some thermals and will probably bring my SR25 with Pvs-27 on it and probably some rifles with lasers, sadly my cans haven't transferred yet.  

@angryemu, could I please get directions or coordinates and also do you have any issues with shooting 40mm chalk rounds?

@lowdown3; If you need a hand with RO duties, I don't mind helping out wherever I can
View Quote

Hope you can make it out! I have no problem with the 40mm chalk rounds. I'm all for any sort of legal cool toys!

Directions sent.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:38:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

We will try to have a couple different styles there for you to check out.
View Quote

Awesome.  Thank you.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top