Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2020 3:11:37 PM EDT
Heard it on 104.9 FM (Reedsburg). WI DNR is set to resume wolf hunting & trapping season in November 2021. Hopefully, this will help alleviate the depredation of the deer herd in the northern counties of this state.
Gary
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That all depends on how many tag's the DNR issues. It also depends on if the lottery is re invented to acquire a tag.

In reality to help the deer herd wolves and coyotes should be in the same class as far as hunting. Or perhaps a bounty on the lowly wolf would help get their numbers in check.  

Never wanted em never will.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That all depends on how many tag's the DNR issues. It also depends on if the lottery is re invented to acquire a tag.

In reality to help the deer herd wolves and coyotes should be in the same class as far as hunting. Or perhaps a bounty on the lowly wolf would help get their numbers in check.  

Never wanted em never will.  
View Quote

Waxed and stacked..have enough coilsprings to solve that problem.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#3]
So it looks like our grandfathers were right.. Next time lets not listen to those dumbass college students again. Never forget shoot, shovel and shut up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I read that after delisting, it will be legal to shoot a wolf that's attacking livestock or pets on private property. But it will still be illegal to shoot one attacking livestock or pets on public property. On public property, you can only shoot one that's attacking humans. So if you're hunting public land with a bird dog, and a wolf or pack of wolves, attacks your Lab or Pointer, you're supposed to just stand there and watch a "family member" get torn to shreds? LOL, not a fucking chance in hell. When my dog goes in the woods with me, so does my 10mm Glock 20.

I've always said that ,shoot, shovel, shut-up, the "triple S" method of wolf management, is only for private land. On public land, it's still a "triple S" method... but instead of shovel it's 'scram '.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I read that after delisting, it will be legal to shoot a wolf that's attacking livestock or pets on private property. But it will still be illegal to shoot one attacking livestock or pets on public property. On public property, you can only shoot one that's attacking humans. So if you're hunting public land with a bird dog, and a wolf or pack of wolves, attacks your Lab or Pointer, you're supposed to just stand there and watch a "family member" get torn to shreds? LOL, not a fucking chance in hell. When my dog goes in the woods with me, so does my 10mm Glock 20.

I've always said that ,shoot, shovel, shut-up, the "triple S" method of wolf management, is only for private land. On public land, it's still a "triple S" method... but instead of shovel it's 'scram '.
View Quote

We could be friends.....
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We could be friends.....
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 preference points for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top